Mr.Black had a bad day

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:55 am
Every one is fed. This morning I was watching, the blue jays dig up the leftover Christmas peanuts I gave the squirrels. Mr. black squirrel was too preoccupied with all his hidings being uncovered, when he instantly became part of the food chain. A marsh hawk came into the picture like a blur, and grabbed the squirrel. Backyard quiet for a few, now, a rucus again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 789 • Replies: 5
No top replies

mismi

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:59 am
Life does go on - thankfully - poor Mr. Black Squirrel - really crappy morning.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:15 am
As any environmentalist or organic farmer will tell you: Life feeds on life.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:35 am
A crappy morning?

Not for Marsha Hawk.

I understand. I know the tiger has to eat, too. I just don't like to see the hunt.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:53 pm
squinney wrote:
A crappy morning?

Not for Marsha Hawk.
I understand. I know the tiger has to eat, too. I just don't like to see the hunt.

me either...I would much rather be Marsha Hawk than Mr. Black Squirrel though - ecologically speaking. I mean he got up feeling pretty good about those peanuts. He did his job, got the things buried and then the Blue Jays (pesky bunch of birds) start undoing all of his work. There he is, all in a dither about it and they are the least of his worries. Not being breakfast for Marsha was what he should have been focusing on. Hind sight and all that....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:47 pm
Ah, the Great Chain of Being.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mr.Black had a bad day
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 11:00:57