Lash lost in Mormon land

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 08:48 am
Diane wrote:
And he's shivering in his cowboy boots. Ooooohhhh.

Well, if all he's wearing is cowboy boots, I guess it's understandable :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 01:51 pm
Surely, he must be wearing his leggings with those boots!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 06:20 pm
LOL Tai Chi.

Just to be a gentleman, he also wears his Stetson.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 05:45 pm
Diane wrote:
Beautiful is true, but doesn't begin to describe Lash and Vinnie together. They glow! This is love between two gentle, truly good and decent people. This kind of beauty never ages and it was wonderful just to be around them.

I did ask Lash if she had ever modeled, and she said"ME?" She is very negative about her looks, which is a shame. I am angry at Dys for posting the pics because she really didn't want them posted, but they are so good that I'm secretly glad he did--just don't tell Lash.

Soz, no need to worry. Vinnie is the sweetest man imaginable and he is so very much in love with Lash, and she with him, that they are both the better for it. I hope you get to meet them--they are a joy.

Don't stay away too long guys. We already miss you.

Oh sweet girl! I have only just now found time to get to a computer, and I practically have tears in my eyes over the lovely things you've said. What a dear you are! We enjoyed our time with you SO MUCH! I can't wait to have time to tell on you and Dys and Osso. I am so richly blessed to know you and to have been able to spend time with you.

Wish I had time now... I'll be back soon. Vito says hey ya. We'll be back soon!

Everyone, please enjoy Dys as much as possible, because I am going to kill him quite soon...

Love you all!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 05:49 pm
All right! You're safe and sound..
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 06:01 pm
Dys and I join Osso in a big, "WHEW." We had really begun to worry, although we knew that you would have called if anything really bad had happened.

Can't remember if I mentioned earlier that Vinnie (his friends call him Vinnie, except for Lash, who likes Vito), had a gorgeous cat named Shakespeare. Talk about a house filled with classy cats. Shakespeare fit right in with Dante, but our little junk yard dawg, Sally, wasn't having any of it and forced Shakespeare to spend all his time in the guest room. Sally was blissfully unaware that Shakespeare could have eaten her for breakfast.

Will you guys please move to ABQ???
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 07:42 pm
Luv ya right back Lash :-D
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:58 pm
ABQ is on our short list!

I meant to mention how much I loved seeing Rog!! He's been such a sweety to me for so many years...It was wonderful to meet him. Hope to get back here soon when I have time to talk about the wonderful experience....I'm completely jammed with trips and unpacking and class stuff currently.

Talk soon!!!!

<Loved how enamored Dante was with my sweetie...ha!>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 08:23 pm
Have fun you guys :-D
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 01:37 am
{{{{{{{{{{ Lash, Vinnie, Shakespeare }}}}}}}}}}
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 06:45 pm
What About Bob?

Chapter One

<sections on the lovely Lady Di and incredible osso coming soon>

I've loved Bob for years. It's one of those nice friendly loves that folds over and over and grows wild as years pass..as someone reveals a bit more over time, confirming your best thoughts of them. He will probably want to stick a sharp object in his eye when he reads this because there is no way I can describe him faithfully--there are no words to explain Bob. He's the only one of his kind. The only one left.

If you want to get an idea about who Bob is, rent Lonely Are the Brave, his favorite movie. Human experience is so ordered... by institutions, well-worn paths, the familiar... We fall into them so easily. Even here in the political pages, we're so cliche and predictable. I started paying attention to Bob as soon as I saw his opinions, his dry delivery and heard his messages beneath his words. I became a Bobophile...a Bobbite...I respect him. I love him. You should, too. (ha)

Dys put his ass where our rhetoric is. You'd hardly believe me if I told you where he's been and what he's done in this life. It has seeped out in conversation over the years and I treasure that he felt comfortable telling me who he is. I won't piss him off by saying it here. My friendship with him has added a beautiful layer to my life.

One of the true measures of a man (to me) is remaining silent in the face of demeaning accusations by chuckleheads.. when he's risked his life to eradicate the very thing he stands accused of perpetrating. I have to laugh sometimes. He won't type up his resume, but I'd LOVE to. He doesn't defend himself against most idiocy. He expects those who know him to know better. **** the chuckleheads...haha.

I don't think people should put much faith in other people. You get let down...disappointed. The Dys is one of my few heroes. He follows no prescribed pattern. His mind is open to all directions. He's been my best teacher. I just haven't been a worthy student.

Still learning.
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 06:49 pm
Very nice, Lash. Well said.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 06:49 pm
Lash - how fabulous! How perfect!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 06:51 pm
Gosh.. how did I miss all this fuss??

lash

you are beautiful. Not at ALL what I imagined Wink

and your writing is right on the money. Dys and Diane are a great couple 'o people ..
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 06:52 pm
<grin>

Thanks you two!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:00 pm
(well, sure)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:01 pm
(Lash can write! But we knew that.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:07 pm
I lost part of my post, you'll never know the depths of admiration I got to.

I must say though, that Dys has a fixation in favor of green chile..
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:13 pm
Lash, every word you wrote is so true and you are such a good writer, that you were able convey much about Dys that is impossible to know without meeting him in person.

He loves you too, sweetie, even though he might not be able to say it on a2k, although I hope he will. You have meant so much to him over the years.

He called me into the office to read your post. He said that he didn't know what to say. As I started reading, the tears came rolling down my cheeks. Bob left the room to cry alone, I'm sure.

Thank you Lash. More people should be able to love their friends with openess and trust. It is a rare thing. You both have enriched each other's life.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:13 pm
you give some beautiful women a ride in a 911 Carrara and they can't stop sticking their tongue in your ear. I love my Porsche.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 08:49:08