If you have spare snow

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:02 am
I heard some guy had some up for auction on ebay, but that would be a bit costly since he's already been offered $3,000.

Oh, and you'll have to cover the shipping cost, as I'm a little short this year.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:08 am
Hell, the pile between my sidewalk and the street isn't even chest high yet. Bring it on!

(Not really. I'd like a day off from the shovel.)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 06:34 pm
Thank you all so much. I think its beginning to work. temps dropped overnight and a col change expected midday today.

Its hard to take pics of sweltering.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 06:38 pm
We're expecting another 10 - 15 centimetres of snow over the next 12 - 16 hours.

Can I interest anyone in some?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 06:42 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
enjoy...

http://www.estatevaults.com/bol/images/%20%20Boston%20Blizzard.jpg

RP. If they had not built Boston so tightly spaced, you guys would not have to work so hard.

I think in drawing up the city, they laid out the streets as the last order of business, daily, over a period of time. The maps reminded me of a bar napkin drawing kinda thing....

RH
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 06:42 pm
Montana wrote:
I heard some guy had some up for auction on ebay, but that would be a bit costly since he's already been offered $3,000.

Oh, and you'll have to cover the shipping cost, as I'm a little short this year.

Quebec man sells snowbank for $3,550
Last Updated: Monday, December 31, 2007 | 12:34 PM ET
The Canadian Press

After sifting through a couple of phoney offers, a Quebec man found a buyer willing to snap up his snowbank for a cool $3,550.

Michel Lévesque, who put his snowbank up for auction on eBay, thought he had unloaded the imposing mound on Saturday.

But the top bid turned out to be a prank, said Lévesque, who planned to donate his earnings to a local youth organization.

When the second-highest bidder also declined to buy the pile, he called Sophie Rouillier, whose $3,000 offer was No. 3.

Rouillier and husband, Claude Fraser, jumped at the chance, and, with the help of their three children, dug up another $550.

"It's a snowbank like any other one, but it's the fact of giving a donation.… It's not really for the snowbank," Rouillier said on Sunday, as she stood next to her frosty heap in front of Lévesque's house.

She said her family was so thrilled with the purchase that her children decided to break their piggy banks to help match the top bid.

The Longueuil, Que., family donates money to different organizations every year, but never more than a few hundred dollars, she said.

But Rouillier said they got caught up in the flurry of media excitement that followed the auction, and kept increasing their offer until it hit $3,000.

"If other people can be encouraged by all of this enthusiasm, it will be great," she said.

"We're going to bring our shovels and bring the snow home," she said. "We're going to put it on our lawn so the kids can play in it. Of course, we have a snowbank also, but it's not as high as this one."

The Montreal area was pounded by two snowstorms in recent weeks, which helped build the giant bank on Lévesque's front yard, in Saint-Eustache, just north of the city.

Lévesque said the snowbank auction started off as a joke, but interest in the heap quickly snowballed.

He was shocked to see the bids roll in.

"It's good news, everyone's happy," Levesque said. "All's well that ends well."

On Sunday, he said the snowbank was dirtier than when he first photographed it a couple of weeks ago, but contends the Rouillier family has made a quality purchase.

"It melted a bit, but it's still at a noticeable height," Levesque said of the two-metre mound.

"It's not an extraordinary snowbank, but it's a nice snowbank."
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 08:34 pm
When one purchases a snow bank, what would one do with said purchase.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:32 pm
djjd, Yeah, that's the one Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:33 pm
dadpad wrote:
When one purchases a snow bank, what would one do with said purchase.

You wanted some, so what were your plans Dadpad?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:35 pm
hey montana, saw the story tonight on the cbc

hope your christmas was great and a happy new year to you and your family
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:41 pm
Hey djjd, we heard it in the radio and had a good laugh.

Christmas was fun and I'm starting a new in the New Year :-D

Thank you and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well and wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

Cheers Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:57 pm
3 pm. Sorry guys. Can you shovel a little faster please.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/temperature1stJan2008002.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:01 pm
Oh my!!! Shocked

I'll aim my snow blower your way tomorrow Dadpad and they say we're getting more Wed, so I keep it goin ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:03 pm
Relief has arrived! According to the Weather Bureau. It's just that I haven't felt it yet! Sad
Honestly, this has been a helluva trial!:

New Year's relief
Jane Holroyd
January 1, 2008 - 2:38PM/the AGE

After Victoria yesterday recorded its hottest end to its hottest year, Melbourne has today experienced its hottest start to a year on record - but relief is on its way.

The temperature in the city peaked at 41.2 degrees at 1.25pm, just beating yesterday's mark of 41.1.

The weather bureau's Peter Blake said the hottest January 1 recorded previously was 40.4 degrees in 1900.

"So it's the hottest start to a year in Melbourne in 108 years," Mr Blake said.

But for Victorians feeling sapped by the hot spell, relief has arrived. A predicted cool change has already made its presence felt, with the temperature in the city falling rapidly following this afternoon's peak.

Between 1.25pm and 1.55pm, the temperature dropped from 41.2 to 28.5 degrees. ...<
cont>

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/new-years-relief/2008/01/01/1198949798538.html
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:06 pm
That's so hard for me to imagine as I look out my window to all the white stuff.

That is HOT!!!

I truly feel for you guys. You must be sweltering over there!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:08 pm
Not here yet msolga.

FAaaaarrrr from it.
I'm thinking about frying eggs on the footpath for a late afternnoon snack.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:11 pm
Do you think I can sell rain on ebay Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:13 pm
EASTERN LAKE ONTARIO
--------------------------------
Quote:
Snowfall warning for: Kingston - Prince Edward

Issued at 10:41 PM EST MONDAY 31 DECEMBER 2007

..HEAVY SNOWFALL TO START THE NEW YEAR..

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CENTRED OVER NORTHERN INDIANA THIS EVENING IS INTENSIFYING AND WILL TRACK NORTHEASTWARD TONIGHT TO LIE OVER LAKE ERIE BY NEW YEARS MORNING..THEN OVER EASTERN NEW YORK STATE BY TUESDAY EVENING. TO THE NORTH OF THE TRACK...A GENERAL 15 CENTIMETRE SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED ALONG THE 401 CORRIDOR. SNOW HAS DEVELOP OVER SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO THIS EVENING. IT WILL REACH TORONTO AND THE GOLDEN HORSESHOE AREA ABOUT THE TIME THAT THE NEW YEAR IS HERALDED IN. THE SNOW WILL THEN CONTINUE TO SPREAD EASTWARD REACHING EASTERNMOST SECTIONS NEW YEARS MORNING. WHILE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS FOR MOST AREAS WILL BE NEAR 15 CENTIMETRES PLACES NEAR EASTERN LAKE ONTARIO COULD SEE AMOUNTS UP TO 20 CENTIMETRES. BRISK NORTHEAST OR NORTHERLY WINDS WILL CAUSE OCCASIONAL BLOWING SNOW FOR MANY REGIONS. SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF DURING THE DAY TUESDAY OVER MOST OF SOUTHERN ONTARIO. HOWEVER THE IMPROVEMENT IS NOT EXPECTED TO REACH EASTERN SECTIONS UNTIL TUESDAY NIGHT. IN ADDITION LAKE EFFECT SNOW IN NORTHERLY WINDS OFF LAKE HURON WILL CAUSE THE STORM TO PERSIST THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT FOR AREAS NEAR THE MICHIGAN BORDER. COLD ARCTIC AIR WILL MOVE INTO ALL REGIONS TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.

PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECASTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

orders for snow now being accepted - prepayment , COD or credit card all welcome .
please state your needs clearly . air shipments can be arranged at small additional charge .
FIRST ORDERED , FIRST SERVED !
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED ! Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:16 pm
TTH wrote:
Do you think I can sell rain on ebay Laughing

That would be like a futures market.

water trading
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:20 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:56:17