Personal best moments of 2007

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 04:43 pm
So the year is almost over. Time to look back and remember the good times. What were your best moments? What were your greatest successes? Your most fun and exciting experiences?

One of my best moments of the year was quitting my job and taking five weeks off from work just because I felt like it. I got up and went to central park almost everyday from mid-April to late May and enjoyed the blooming buds, the warming weather, and the beauty of springtime.

Also, although this sounds like something silly...seeing the reunited Van Halen in November. Easily the best concert I've seen in years. And for a guy who LOVES live music, to not count it among my biggest highlights of the year would be sacrilege.

And now it's your turn. What are your big highlights from the year that was 2007?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,348 • Replies: 21
No top replies

urs53

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 04:56 pm
Our 10th wedding anniversary. Getting my new car on my birthday. Seeing The Police live in Munich. Holding my little grand-nephew for the first time.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 04:57 pm
I think the highlight of 07' was meeting Cicerone Imposter and his lovely wife. They are without a word the most charming and delightful couple you would ever want to meet. I also met their son who is as gracious as they are.

I am looking forward to their visit to the Big Island in February, and I have made arrangements to stay on the Kona side for the period of time they will be there.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 05:19 pm
I had a banner year, so I'll try to cut this down to a few of my most cherished moments.

<laughing> I can still see my son's face when I saw him in October. He said, "Mom! You didn't look this good when I was 12 years old! You look like a...girl! You're confusing me!"

The night my son, nephew, daughter, her husband and her band took me bowling. An incredible night---one for the mental scrapbook. All the love and humiliation...haha.

The day Vito called me at school... the things he said. Short version: I can't wait any longer. I'm moving to Athens.

Walking through North Campus at UGA and just being startled at where I was, what I had accomplished, where I had come from.

My crazy first day subbing... I knew I had chosen the right career.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:25 pm
What's a "personal best moment"? Sad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:36 pm
Reaching 100 pounds down in February was a major high point this year. (Made it to 117 down a couple of weeks ago - heading for a goal of 130.) Then going to NYC to celebrate in June and hanging out with some lovely Atookians was wonderful too. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Kicky and JoeNation, but maybe next time...
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:40 pm
mac11 wrote:
Reaching 100 pounds down in February was a major high point this year. (Made it to 117 down a couple of weeks ago - heading for a goal of 130.) Then going to NYC to celebrate in June and hanging out with some lovely Atookians was wonderful too. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Kicky and JoeNation, but maybe next time...

Mac how do you feel? I have several friends that have gone through the procedure. I really admire your tenacity.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:48 pm
Still 3 days left.....I'll get back to you.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:48 pm
I feel twenty years younger. But I didn't have a procedure. I've been doing Weight Watchers and exercising for two and a half years.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 09:49 pm
Damn girl!!!!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:42 pm
12:01pm 28th Jun.
The birth of my daughter.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:49 pm
Oh that is awesome Mac. I am so proud for you.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:50 pm
Thanks Seaglass and marty.

Wilso, I can't believe that baby is already six months old!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 11:59 pm
MAC!!!!! I am so happy for you! What an accomplishment!!!!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 12:08 am
Mac, I liked you when you were heavier and I like you now. I'm pleased to know you, thas all.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 04:24 am
mac11 wrote:

Phenomenal achievement, mac. You should be very proud of yourself. I greatly enjoyed meeting you too. (Didn't know I was an atookian. Is that something I should add to my resume?) Wish we'd had more time to talk.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 04:35 pm
Same here, Boida. I hope we have more time the next time we meet.

Hey, I didn't mean to highjack Kicky's thread. Let's have some more personal best moments of 2007 in here!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 04:41 pm
Coming up the stairs and triple-stepping onto the stage during the dance recital.

The dancing was easy after that.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:53 pm
Checking my mailbox and finding a letter from ehBeth enclosing a picture of somebody pounding the boards with a couple of doggies in tow. Really dug those crazy, dancing feet . . . and the clogs.

Stroke of luck: the stamp hadn't been franked, although it can only be used in Canada. Must await the thaw.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:55 pm
Can I expect a parcel on the next ice floe?

Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Personal best moments of 2007
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 07:27:30