Wench is not sleeping

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:27 pm
Have any of you ever had a problem with your cat not sleeping? The other day I was watching my cat (Wench) and she curled down next to an old Norwegian trunk of mine and snuggled up in a ray of sunshine. A plant leaf draped comfortably over her shoulder and I assumed such a setting would be highly conducive for a nap.

I watched. The cat positioned herself as if she was going to curl up and go to sleep, but suddenly lifted her head, looked around for a second, licked her back leg, and then proceeded to the kitchen where she had a sip of water and approximately three kernels of cat food. Then she jumped on the window ledge and watched with interest as two squirrels frolicked in the back yard.

That lack of a cat nap has been bothering me. Should I be concerned? Will she eventually began to wear down because of the missed sleep and perhaps have mental problems?

Hopefully someone can answer these questions.

p.s. someone told me to give her benadryl Surely such talk is absurd. Or is it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,711 • Replies: 48
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:33 pm
Hahaha,.,...worrying about a cat NOT sleeping has to be the funniest thing someone can do as they avg about 12-16 hr per day.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:34 pm
You are a wise man, Ragman, and I feel foolish for having asked such a question.
0 Replies

martybarker

I think you should take her in to see a specialtists, but that can run some$$.

My vet wanted me to bring my cat in the next day to see a neurologist, $500.00 just for the diagnosis, she died that night.

Maybe your cat is just screwing with you.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Quote:

Yes, it's absurd..... unless she has a stuffy nose.

Btw, I thought your cat's name was Bitchy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:37 pm
if you hit her on the head with one of those nice soft rubber tipped mallets, you may be able to solve this problem organically, and chemical free
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:37 pm
martybarker wrote:
I think you should take her in to see a specialtists, but that can run some$$.

My vet wanted me to bring my cat in the next day to see a neurologist, $500.00 just for the diagnosis, she died that night.

Maybe your cat is just screwing with you.

I have been considering taking her to a cat psychiatrist, Marty, but the little couch is being reupholstered right now due to excessive damage from claws and the earliest appointment is two weeks from now. Dare I wait?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:38 pm
Try a cat whisperer.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:

Btw, I thought your cat's name was Bitchy.

That's what you get for thinking.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sorry about your cat, Marty.

In this case, with gus as the cat owner, er, guardian, whatever, I can only recommend charting the cat's naps on a graph over a 72 hour period, once a week, for twelve weeks. This should establish a pattern to back up your claims, or fail to back up your claims, when you take her to the veterinarian in the big city.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:39 pm
martybarker wrote:
Try a cat whisperer.

Brilliant! A cat whisperer. That is the coolest piece of advice I have ever received. You are a sage, Marty.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:41 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Sorry about your cat, Marty.

In this case, with gus as the cat owner, er, guardian, whatever, I can only recommend charting the cat's naps on a graph over a 72 hour period, once a week, for twelve weeks. This should establish a pattern to back up your claims, or fail to back up your claims, when you take her to the veterinarian in the big city.

<preparing chart>
0 Replies

Mame

How many hours of the day are you spending watching your cat not catnapping? Does this make activity make you sleepy?

My advice is that you take her to your local cat psychiatrist and get yourself checked out and leave your poor cat alone.
0 Replies

martybarker

That's what I'm here for!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:42 pm
Re: Wench is not sleeping
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

That lack of a cat nap has been bothering me. Should I be concerned? Will she eventually began to wear down because of the missed sleep and perhaps have mental problems?

Is she getting into the Cool Whip? - that stuff acts like methamphetamine on a cat. First they can't sleep and the next thing you know their teeth start falling out. Bad sh*t that Cool Whip.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:43 pm
Quote:
Is she getting into the Cool Whip? - that stuff acts like methamphetamine on a cat.

Yeah, that stuff is a bad trip, man. That's why I stick to catnip.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:44 pm
Mame wrote:
How many hours of the day are you spending watching your cat not catnapping? Does this make activity make you sleepy?

My advice is that you take her to your local cat psychiatrist and get yourself checked out and leave your poor cat alone.

Will cat psychiatrists check humans? I suppose it's worth a shot.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:45 pm
Stinky went through withdrawal for a week, and he was not a longterm user....(evil Cool Whip)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:46 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Is she getting into the Cool Whip? - that stuff acts like methamphetamine on a cat. First they can't sleep and the next thing you know their teeth start falling out. Bad sh*t that Cool Whip.

No, the Cool Whip is under lock and key. I am surprised, however, that, until now, no one had mentioned the evil Cool Whip.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:47 pm
Hey! Rockhead and I both used the same adjective to describe Cool Whip!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wench is not sleeping
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 02:13:42