What DiD You Get For Christmas? - Good and Bad

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:12 pm
I'll tell you what's not fair! Noddy had TWO turkeys that Thanksgiving!

Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 12:33 pm
Eva--

Two turkeys--and one is in the landfill and the other is elsewhere and I don't have to visit either one of them for the holidays.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 01:01 pm
Well said!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 03:57 pm
George--

Thanks for the kind words.

Every Thanksgiving I can be thankful all over again that the past is past.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 04:02 pm
I think I done good.

I bought my wife a new wedding ring.

The old one had to be cut off.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 08:48 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Eva--

Two turkeys--and one is in the landfill and the other is elsewhere and I don't have to visit either one of them for the holidays.

Very funny, Noddy! Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 12:33 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Every Thanksgiving I can be thankful all over again that the past is past.

Absolutely! Cool
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 03:09 pm
My goodness, you're all being so kind. Thank you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 04:39 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
As nearly as I could gather from his drunken rambling, I was a better mother to our sons than his mother had been to him and that wasn't fair.

geez...guess you've got to be drunk to empathize with that, eh?
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 08:44 pm
I got a very spiffy leather office chair for the computer room; it even has arms on it.

So it's good riddance to the five-gallon gas can I've been using on for the past seven years. So uncomfortable and shockingly awkward; often forgetting to check location of the spout before plopping down.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:12 pm
Debacle wrote:
I got a very spiffy leather office chair for the computer room; it even has arms on it.

So it's good riddance to the five-gallon gas can I've been using on for the past seven years. So uncomfortable and shockingly awkward; often forgetting to check location of the spout before plopping down.

So...does this betoken MORE POSTING????????

That would be a GREAT christmas present!
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:29 pm
Well, Deb, I suppose the chair can only help in that regard. No more squirming about to maintain my balance, and a degree of levity.

My fear is the chair may prove too comfortable and I'll be apt to doze off in mid-post; a real concern for slow typists. You will recall how it was in the chat room of eld; how by the time I pecked out a response, several other topics had been broached, and consequently no one knew for toffy what I was on about.

Looked at from that standpoint, my 500-odd posts is no mean accomplishment, and probably accounts for my being yclept Enthusiast, wouldn't you agree?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:41 pm
Debacle wrote:
Well, Deb, I suppose the chair can only help in that regard. No more squirming about to maintain my balance, and a degree of levity.

My fear is the chair may prove too comfortable and I'll be apt to doze off in mid-post; a real concern for slow typists. You will recall how it was in the chat room of eld; how by the time I pecked out a response, several other topics had been broached, and consequently no one knew for toffy what I was on about.

Looked at from that standpoint, my 500-odd posts is no mean accomplishment, and probably accounts for my being yclept Enthusiast, wouldn't you agree?

Well, I doubt their ODDity had aught to do with it....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:56:49