It's the day before Christmas and ......

Reyn

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 03:03 pm
......as you can see below, folks are getting right into the spirit of the holiday! Mad Crying or Very sad It's a local story, and one far from becoming uncommon. I guess these guys were bored and needed some entertainment.

Quote:
Serious Assault in Surrey
Dec, 24 2007 - 4:40 AM

SURREY/CKNW(AM980) - Surrey RCMP are looking into a serious assault which took place early Saturday morning.
Mounties say around 5:30am, a 35-year old man was riding his bicycle near 84th and 128th when he was nearly hit by a dark-coloured SUV.

The cyclist was then chased down by the SUV and struck from behind.

When the cyclist tried to flee, a group of men jumped out of the car and beat him unconscious.

He was taken to Surrey Memorial Hospital with numerous injuries.

The SUV involved is a green 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee, with BC license plate 645-CSN.

Anyone who sees the vehicle or has any information is asked to call Surrey RCMP.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 429 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 04:27 pm
That reminds me of a tale that happened here at the farm. It was about 10 years ago when some DB careened around the corner and , while overcorrecting his error , plowed into my lower pasture fence and took out about 100 ft of woven wire fencing and wooden poles set every 10 ft. He kept going. Well, I called the cops and when they came and spent about 10 minutes at the "scene of the hit and run" they came back and said that they had the make, model and license no of the car. Seems that when he hit the fence, he left much of the cars badging insignias, paint, and the rear bumper to which was affixed a license plate from the state of MAryland.
They caught the guy within a day. Interstate and all.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 05:29 pm
Well, that was pretty dumb, but at least it was "only" property damage and no one was assaulted.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 06:49 am
Reyn--

I don't know that the SUV guy was inspired by Christmas. I suspect he's a nasty individual all year round.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 08:57 am
Yes, I guess the timing really didn't make any difference.

It seems all rather senseless. I can't stand stuff like this.

Not that "targeted violence" is any better, rather than it being random.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2007 02:33 pm
Reyn--

If I have to be a target, I'd rather that my Attacker was attacking me for being me rather than me for being a random target in the wrong place at the wrong time.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It's the day before Christmas and ......
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:24:39