So Brilliant And Yet ..... So Simple

Mame

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 04:28 pm
Rubbing a little toothpaste on your chrome taps will get rid of all the water spots and look shiny.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 04:37 pm
I hope Martha is reading all of this and taking notes. Very Happy
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 06:04 pm
Naw, she has minions do that for her.

Reminds me of the first time my husband and I watched her on tv. We had never heard of her so didn't know what to expect, of course. She was in the garden talking about her bulbs and plants, then moved on to How to Prune Trees. So, she's walking and talking about this certain tree, when and where to prune it, the right time of year, etc ... and then she looks up into it and says, "Right, Jose?" And this guy is up there with the pruners. We laughed because of course if you have a gardener, you can do anything!
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 03:21 pm
Back to the original post and freezing weather -- When I lived in the Northeast I carried a small squirt bottle of rubbing alcohol in my purse all winter. A squirt into the keyhole took care of frozen car-door locks!

Also (from my mom): When you put the first dirty dish into the dishwasher, load the soap. Then all you need to do is see if the soap dispenser is full and you'll know if the dishes are dirty or clean. Works better than the clean/dirty magnets because they can be bumped to the wrong side too easily.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 03:26 pm
Use hair conditioner instead of shaving foam for shaving your legs. A little goes a long way.

Skin doesn't dry out, works 100% better than those "moisturing shave creams"
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 04:21 pm
Chai--

Good to see you posting again.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 01:20 am
Noddy24 wrote:

Saving a small dish detergent bottle and filling it with bleach means that the bleach is handy for disinfecting jobs.

The salad dressing corner of my pantry shelf has a piece of foil covered cardboard under the oil bottles. Instead of getting down on my knees to scrub, I can just remove the cardboard and wipe it down.

I'm going to adopt this one - as soon as I come up with an empty bottle. Right now, I buy about 1/2 gallon of dish soap at walmart and decant it into my one and only regular size bottle.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 05:59 am
If you have leftover salad in a bowl, slip a saucer face down under the veggies. All the liquid from the veggies will collect under the saucer, and the veggies won't get soggy. When you want the rest of the salad, just push the veggies aside, tilt the bowl, and the water will drain out from under the saucer. Get rid of the saucer and eat the remaining unsoggy salad.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 01:55 pm
Roger--

I'm going to switch my kitchen sink bleach to a mustard bottle as soon as I get the label scraped off the mustard bottle--or perhaps I'll leave the label on.

Every so often strangers grab the bleach to wash their hands instead of the dish soap and then I'm forced to smell the bleach without seeing anything brighter and whiter.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 02:04 pm
Yeh, I put baking soda right by the stove in a glass jar with one of those little flip lids in the silvery top - the kind of jar people often use for sugar. I used it for cooking but kept it there in case of stove fire, as the lid is easy to undo. My niece, who visits once a year or so for about a week, started to put it something she was cooking, as sugar when I managed to catch it..

so, yes, label...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 02:26 pm
Roberta wrote:
If you have leftover salad in a bowl, slip a saucer face down under the veggies. All the liquid from the veggies will collect under the saucer, and the veggies won't get soggy. When you want the rest of the salad, just push the veggies aside, tilt the bowl, and the water will drain out from under the saucer. Get rid of the saucer and eat the remaining unsoggy salad.

That's a good one, Roberta.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:08:49