Money, and Emotional Attachment to Things

Noddy24

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 12:20 pm
Sglass--

Last spring I drew the line at three back-up, non-functioning microwave ovens. The story of my storage space is complicated--and rather dreary--but when I had no place to put winter clothes because Mr. Noddy was hoarding microwave ovens I became assertive. We now have one functioning microwave.

I feel your pain--and your exasperation.

Quote:
So whatever it [hoarding] is it's not quite normal.

Some symptoms of lunacy are much more socially acceptable than others. I'm a much nicer snowbound person when I have a backlog of reading material.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 12:31 pm
I haven't told you about the 6 foot tree yet that he retrieved from the street some years ago.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 03:00 pm
When Mr. Noddy's stepfather, a thrifty, tinkering sort of man died, Mr. Noddy moved the contents of his basement, his attic and his garage into our basement.

This was more than twenty years ago. We moved two years later and Step-papa's treasures are still unsorted.

We are saving two push brooms and an ice chopper, all with broken handles. The handles aren't worth replacing. Can you hear my loud silence echoing to the north?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 03:05 pm
Laughing

I did get rid of one vacuum without a hose.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 03:30 pm
In the Utility Room, crowding me on the exercycle, are the hoses for three vacuum cleaners still in use and four departed vacuum cleaner hoses.

If I have to dust the high shelves on the bookcases, I use an old fashioned, treated cloth.

I also refuse to admire the collection of vacuum cleaner hoses.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 06:16:54