George

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 12:20 pm
Montana wrote:
George wrote:
Montana wrote:
You need a plow guy ;-)

Nope. Small driveway, large sons.

So what the heck is she out there snow blowin for? Laughing

Oops. Thought you were replying to me. Never mind.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 12:51 pm
George wrote:
Montana wrote:
George wrote:
Montana wrote:
You need a plow guy ;-)

Nope. Small driveway, large sons.

So what the heck is she out there snow blowin for? Laughing

Oops. Thought you were replying to me. Never mind.

Sons grown and flown the nest -- that's the why of a snow blower. Hubby back on steady nights as of this week Mad City plow insists on filling in the driveway entrance...

Hubby grateful to find the driveway navigable when he got home in the wee hours -- took me out to lunch. If I play my cards right I might even get a back rub :wink:

To all you snowless folks, I feel your pain <snort>. We're heading Windsor way this weekend and it'll be damp, chilly and soggy. Probably no snow. I guess I'd rather wrestle with the snow blower than deal with that.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 01:11 pm
Three inconvenient snows. Three inconvenient power outages.

Winter starts on Saturday, 12/22/08 at 1:06 a.m. EST.

Spring is a long way away.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 01:14 pm
I prefer wet dreams to cold reality.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:03 pm
I find it helps to stand in an interior room and look around, saying: "Snow? What snow?"

I've actually only shoveled once, and then swept it off the next time. But i've been lazy--although i do the walks and steps at the house of the 80+ year old woman next door. I just grit my teeth, grab the shovel, and have at it in a frenzy until it's all done. However, if the snow is light enough, and there is a threat of rain, i revert to my "Snow? What snow?" method.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:08 pm
Tai Chi wrote:
We're heading Windsor way this weekend and it'll be damp, chilly and soggy. Probably no snow.

Driving between Ohio and Ontario, i devised a system. In "non-snow" weather, i'd drive through Cleveland, Erie and Buffalo, and cross from Lewiston, New York to Queenston. At any time that snow threatened, i'd drive up to Detroit and cross over to Windsor, and then take the 401 to T.O.

The way the weather patterns run, the west and north shores of the lakes get little snow, while tons get dumped on the east and south shores. A few Christmasses ago, i got up in Kingston at about 6:00, and shoveled out the drive way and sidewalks. I went out again between 7:30 and 8:00 and did it again. At about 9:00, i went out to shovel again, preparatory to leaving for T.O. When we got back to Tarana in the afternoon, there wasn't a single flake of snow on the ground.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 02:53 pm
Possible six inches of snow tomorrow.

I am not amused.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
Tai Chi wrote:
We're heading Windsor way this weekend and it'll be damp, chilly and soggy. Probably no snow.

Driving between Ohio and Ontario, i devised a system. In "non-snow" weather, i'd drive through Cleveland, Erie and Buffalo, and cross from Lewiston, New York to Queenston. At any time that snow threatened, i'd drive up to Detroit and cross over to Windsor, and then take the 401 to T.O.

The way the weather patterns run, the west and north shores of the lakes get little snow, while tons get dumped on the east and south shores. A few Christmasses ago, i got up in Kingston at about 6:00, and shoveled out the drive way and sidewalks. I went out again between 7:30 and 8:00 and did it again. At about 9:00, i went out to shovel again, preparatory to leaving for T.O. When we got back to Tarana in the afternoon, there wasn't a single flake of snow on the ground.

I know what you mean about weird bands of snow. If we manage the Woodstock to London stretch without white out conditions we will count ourselves lucky.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:04 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Possible six inches of snow tomorrow.

I am not amused.

We're getting similar weather reports here too, Noddy, although we'll be in Canada's "Sun Parlour" (aka Essex County/Windsor area) when it hits, so I really can't complain.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:05 pm
Why do you mention Woodstock to London in particular? Do you take the 403 to the 401 at Woodstock?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:09 pm
Re: Snow White...and Grumpy Too
Tai Chi wrote:
How are the rest of you coping with this heavy white stuff? (And does anybody know where I left the

We don't have any. Miracle in Michigan.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
Why do you mention Woodstock to London in particular? Do you take the 403 to the 401 at Woodstock?

It's just a section of the 401 where we tend to hit the worst weather. If it's gonna storm they get hammered the most.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:22 pm
Well, i do recall that the snow tends to pick up east of London--although i hadn't really thought about it before. Do you think it's worse between Woodstock and London than it is between Woodstock and Kitchener?
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 04:58 pm
Setanta wrote:
Well, i do recall that the snow tends to pick up east of London--although i hadn't really thought about it before. Do you think it's worse between Woodstock and London than it is between Woodstock and Kitchener?

Hmmm...it's pretty much all horrible (potentially) but I really do remember some tense driving moments over the years from London to Woodstock.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:59:33