Snow White...and Grumpy Too

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:42 pm
Still looking for the heating pad...used the snow blower on a double driveway tonight and I HURT. Shoveling is worse of course, but wrestling a snow blower is no picnic. How are the rest of you coping with this heavy white stuff? (And does anybody know where I left the damn heating pad?)

Crap, is that the snow plow again?

Aarrgghh...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,435 • Replies: 37
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:48 pm
Re: Snow White...and Grumpy Too
Tai Chi wrote:
How are the rest of you coping with this heavy white stuff?

I am just managing to cope thanks Tai. If you get any more snow I'll feel really bad and go put a shirt on.
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 10:55 pm
Tai, I'll make you feel better...

100,000 without power for the next couple, and temps from 10 to 34...

Trees weighted with ice till they fall, and break power lines, and block roads....

Kansas in the Winter..... Gotta love it....

I shovel for food.... Laughing

RH
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:07 pm
Rockhead, that sounds nasty. We lived through the big ice storm in January 1998 that hit eastern Ontario and Quebec so I have an idea what you're up against. We found our camping gear came in very handy. Do you have an alternate heat/light/cooking source?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:17 pm
I'm actually snuggly right here next to the river, if my power goes out, the IQ level will go up on A2K. :wink: (inside joke)

But the area is all sold out of generators, etc. and I can hear chain saws running at this hour.

We all know what the prairie brings, and at least in the winter there are no tornados......
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:20 pm
Rockhead wrote:
We all know what the prairie brings, and at least in the winter there are no tornados......

Good you can look on the bright side Very Happy
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:22 pm
Ditto, enjoy your shoveling....
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:31 pm
I use a rain shovel.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:34 pm
Chumly wrote:
I use a rain shovel.

That cheered me up (that, and the fact I found the heating pad. Note to self: do not store heating pad in cedar trunk.) I guess I can cope with 6 months of snow over 12 months of rain.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:38 pm
Just to cheer you up Tai Chi, just came from outside where it was 110 in the sun, sitting here on my patio, in my speedo, sipping an ice cold beer and still sweating thinking about you clearing snow. Go girl, go. Laughing
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:39 pm
Popsicle toes........
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:44 pm
Between you and dadpad I'm getting some disturbing visuals, Dutchy.

Actually I like winter. I just wish it was colder -- no, really. It doesn't snow if it's really cold. It's this close to the freezing mark weather that dumps the heavy, hard to shovel, stuff.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:44 pm
Chumly wrote:
Popsicle toes........

Prune fingers...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:58 pm
You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 12:12 am
Re: Snow White...and Grumpy Too
Tai Chi wrote:
Still looking for the heating pad...used the snow blower on a double driveway tonight and I HURT. Shoveling is worse of course, but wrestling a snow blower is no picnic. How are the rest of you coping with this heavy white stuff? (And does anybody know where I left the damn heating pad?)

Crap, is that the snow plow again?

Aarrgghh...
it rained here yesterday.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 09:45 am
Damn - I thought I was going to find that little twit here.....and that annoying little guy as well.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:11 am
Tai Chi wrote:
Between you and dadpad I'm getting some disturbing visuals, Dutchy.

Actually I like winter. I just wish it was colder -- no, really. It doesn't snow if it's really cold. It's this close to the freezing mark weather that dumps the heavy, hard to shovel, stuff.

I know what you mean.

Columbus has way less snow than I'm used to getting in Minnesota (though evidently Minnesota is also getting way less snow than I was used to), and when it does snow it seems to always be a transition from rain. So the bottom layer is just slush, and then if it gets well below freezing, you have fluffy stuff on top of a layer of ICE. So annoying to try to shovel it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:19 am
Linkat wrote:
Damn - I thought I was going to find that little twit here.....and that annoying little guy as well.

Now thats just funny......

They went thatta way Arrow
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:20 am
I think I'd honestly trade places with any of you that are encountering snow, even if that meant I had to shovel it, or worry about the lights
going out.

I miss cold weather so much.........

I'm sitting in some odd 70 degree weather, muggy, misting rain, a/c kicked on just a few minutes ago, and I'm pissed. This is not Christmas when your running around in tank tops/ flip flops and capris doing your Christmas shopping.

"I WANT SNOW! I WANT SNOW!!! NOT FAIR!!!" Surprised
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2007 10:30 am
Got my skis, got my snowshoes, got my winter trail-running gear.
The hole in the porch roof is fixed.
The shovels are on the porch just waiting.

Let it snow!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Snow White...and Grumpy Too
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:53:13