someone hit ian

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 10:37 pm
I don't know about in other parts of the country, but, in Texas, hit and run has become very common. The only solution I can think of, short term, is to make the punishment for hit and run much harsher than it is.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 10:41 pm
I cross my fingers that everything is okay.

Really edgar? Luckily, we don't have too many hit and run accidents
here, despite the large population who drives illegally and uninsured.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 11:01 pm
I am worried about Ian, too, but I just gotta say...

Who in hell would've expected Gus to be the calm voice of reason at a time like this?! Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 11:13 pm
Jeeez..... Sounds like your sportin my luck. If something that sucks is happening around me, it's usually to me <sigh>

Not always, though.

I'm sure he's ok, but I certainly understand your worry.

****!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 11:27 pm
Waiting with ya, shewolf.

Hoping for a good outcome.

Oy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 01:07 am
shewolfnm wrote:

(sigh)
we dont need this.
we dont need this

Exactly my thoughts, shewolf, as I read your first couple of posts in this thread.

I hope your husband is OK, that's the most important thing.

As for the rest, it makes me so ANGRY that people can cause this sort of damage & then just vanish & take absolutely no responsibility! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Evil or Very Mad

All the best shewolf. I hope this works out as well as is possible for your family.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 04:05 am
did ian get a look at the guy's plate by any chance?
even a partial ID might help the cops find the bastid...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 04:43 am
this is not good news to return to

hope everything is okay
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 06:45 am
Shewolf--

You've had your share of exasperation this year--but there have also been some very positive moments. (One small, positive moment was insisting on full insurance coverage.)

I hope life is a bit brighter with the sunrise.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:09 am
well, he is ok.
I have yet to venture out and look at the car

apparently the accident was not as bad as it sounded to me.

He says he was only clipped Confused but when he called, he said otherwise.

(sigh)

when he wakes up, we will need to talk to the insurance company again, and make sure he doesnt need any kind of medical attention. Sometimes you dont hurt until the next day.. so lets see. ..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:31 am
Shewolf--

My fingers are crossed.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:47 am
all is somewhat well. Smile

The car is operable-ish

If you turn the wheel TOO hard, the body will scrape it.
The lights are broken, and the door sits funny.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5430/dsc0625wz6.jpg

a hell of alot better then my paniced brain was thinking.

...whew...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:52 am
Whew. That was scary from here.. and I'm sure you were in adrenalin tharn until you saw Ian. Good re the insurance choice.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:01 am
I was anxious even after he came home.
I dont think I slept well.

I was seeing alot more damage both to him and the car then what really happened.
It doesn't help that he called me 1/2 dazed seconds after it happened not sounding coherent.
but now I see, he was right.. it was just a clip
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:03 am
Phew! Glad you get rest easy now. Situation like this tend to shock the nerves and I hope you're recovering ok.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:04 am
im fine now. Smile

frustrated that it happened.
Angry that I also won the arguement about setting our deductable at 1000.00 Rolling Eyes , but glad I picked a rental car coverage..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:07 am
((((((((Shewolf))))))))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 10:09 am
Whew! This was quite a read..... I'm glad Ian is ok!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 10:29 am
Glad to hear Ian is OK. Everything else is trivial, compared to that.

Rebrue did a great job on my car.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 01:37 pm
Thank God Ian is okay. That's all that matters. Sheet metal is far easier to repair than bones are.

Good thing re the coverage. Let this be a reminder to all -- check your insurance coverage and make sure it's something you can live with if you're involved in an accident like this.

As for the other vehicle. "Black truck" is helpful but there are probably scads of those in the area.

The following questions are for you and Ian to go over with your insurance company (don't answer them here):
    Any other info, any at all? Even the stupidest, most trivial things might help, such as one letter or one number on the license plate, the color of the license plate (here, for example, there are white plates but with either green or red lettering; that shows how old the plate is). Any bumper stickers? Did the truck have any damage on it, even if not apparently from the incident? What about sounds? Was there a really loud radio playing which might even indicate what was playing (that could go to the age of the driver and, let's face it, it can go to ethnicity)? What direction was the truck coming from? Where did it drive off to? How busy was the intersection? Any other cars? Pedestrians? Cyclists? Anyone on the sidewalk who may have seen what happened?

Anything you can do to help your carrier get the bastard is a good thing for you to do. Breathe a sigh of relief that things aren't anywhere near as bad as you feared and then, gird your loins for the battle.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » someone hit ian
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 11:33:46