Summer fun

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 07:51 pm
Now that the summer is almost over I'm curious to know what everyone did for fun. Anyone care to share?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,593 • Replies: 22
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:18 pm
Just the usual. Gardened, spent a couple weekends on the cape.....

What did you do, montana?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:21 pm
Beach!

We have a song:

We're going to the beach!
Beach, beachy beach!

(Over and over, until we're there.)

Plus a little pool in our yard... and sprinkler. And various rainy-day activities. But a lot of beach-going.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:23 pm
Looked for a job cant find one. Barely turned 18 and started mooching off my parents. Then i stayed on the internet. Unemployed 1,300 dollars in debt and hating it! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:24 pm
Just the usual here as well. I am still gardening and doing my craft. I started cross stitching a few months back and I really like it. I don't have a very exciting life, but I'm happy, so that's all that matters.

How was your trip to the cape? I assume you went to visit your parents.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:26 pm
Montana - I did. It's always a good time. Sometimes me and mom get all tense, sometimes it's too hot, sometimes the gnats are out full-force. But, it's always good to be on the cape. Everything is ok when I gaze out over the marsh (biting flies and all).
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:27 pm
sozobe wrote:
Beach!

We have a song:

We're going to the beach!
Beach, beachy beach!

(Over and over, until we're there.)

Plus a little pool in our yard... and sprinkler. And various rainy-day activities. But a lot of beach-going.

Awesome Soz :-) We have the beach right across the street and I haven't even been there yet this summer. I usually head over there when the summer is almost over for some strange reason.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:29 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
Looked for a job cant find one. Barely turned 18 and started mooching off my parents. Then i stayed on the internet. Unemployed 1,300 dollars in debt and hating it! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm so sorry to hear that ReD. I hope things get better for you soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:31 pm
littlek wrote:
Montana - I did. It's always a good time. Sometimes me and mom get all tense, sometimes it's too hot, sometimes the gnats are out full-force. But, it's always good to be on the cape. Everything is ok when I gaze out over the marsh (biting flies and all).

I hear ya Littlek. I don't know if I ever told you that I use to live on the cape, but I really loved it there. Very peaceful, but it is getting a bit crowded though :-(
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:40 pm
Despite what seems to be a constant series of rainy weekends, L and I have been to the shore a lot this summer, sometimes separately. She and a girl friend made it out to Long Beach, Long Island, New York where she reported there were numerous maidens going topless in the July sunshine. I just got back from a solo trip to Long Beach Island, New Jersey, (apparently there weren't many names for beaches back when they were naming these two). I am sorry to report no sightings similar to L's but the greenhead flies were very active in their quest for human blood. I spent a lot of the day on the dock with a good book about Ben Franklin's life and times.
The last week of July we both went to Avon by the Sea, NJ which is as lovely as it sounds. A very clean beach, good food nearby and we lucked into a week that had only one stormy day. (We spent that day in a marathon Scrabble contest sipping on Apple Martinis and munching various chips, crackers and goldfish and discussing where to go eat a lobster. We went to Kleins. excellent) The rest of the time we were on the sand, in our chairs with our books. We spent many previous years bicycling across various states, now we like to watch the tide come in and the tide go out. A big moment for us is when some kid on a boogie board has a particularly good ride.
The water was extra cold this year, about 62 degrees F, but we have to get in and splash around and dive under. I always tell myself that it probably isn't cold enough to kill me, sometimes I have to wonder after that first dive.
What else? I'm not doing this in a timely order, am I? Let's see. BBQ's with friends in New Jersey, a couple of bad movies, a trip to the Bronx Zoo to see the tigers, squired my cousin the priest and his cousin the nun on a brief tour of Washington Heights, t o o m a n y meals out at restaurants and bistros and a few nights of loudness (NO SMOKE!) in a couple of bars.
I went to an art opening and wine tasting a couple of weeks ago. Um. Got to see some of the relatives of those maidens of Long Beach in some of the works. I think the artist must have had trouble drawing clothing of any kind and apparently he had not looked around New York for any of the good looking models we have readily on hand here. um The red wine tasted like ah er ummm red water and the white wine was very warm...........
I went to a party where the hostess served everyone a 2 lb lobster. Impossible to believe but three people at my table couldn't finish theirs (I suck the juice out of the little legs) So they GAVE me the remains. I think I had five pounds of lobster. Laughing
==
Youngest son is coming to the city soon to play BB Kings. We'll be going.

Joe Nation
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:45 pm
Joe
Sounds like you guys had a busy summer. Very cool and I'm glad to hear it's not over yet :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:48 pm
My brother and sister-inlaw are coming up next week from Mass and I haven't seen them in 2 years, so that'll be nice. I might eat as much lobster as Joe did since it's my favorite.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:26 pm
Let's see. Gardened, worked, picked up a new client, went to a wedding in Savannah, did a photo shoot in Chicago, buried an aunt on Baton Rouge, cooked out often on the patio, hung out with friends, it's been a pretty nice summer. The only downer is my stepdaughter on military duty just outside of Bagdad. It's a big downer but we try and keep the faith. Thank God for email.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:30 pm
Joe, that sounds like a great summer to me.

Congrats to your son! I doubt they let just anyone play there.

eoe, condolences on the loss of your aunt. And best wishes to your stepdaughter...

(Why didn't ya tell me you were in town? What kind of a photo shoot?)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:33 pm
Eoe
Sounds nice besides the loss of your aunt and worry for your step-daughter. My thoughts are with you. That gardening is a real therapy for me along with my crafts.

My deepest sympathy for the loss of you aunt.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:36 pm
Are you in Chicago, soz??? Why didn't I know that?

I came into town back in June to art direct a photo shoot for a client I've had since before I moved away back in 1993. It was great.

Thanks for all your thoughs about Aunt May.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:39 pm
Yep, Chicago. Swimpy and I are still interested in a Chicago gathering, btw, though it may be a Madison gathering... we're kinda mulling, seeing what happens with patiodog, and generally procrastinating. Very Happy Will let you know if we actually get anything in gear.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 09:55 am
i went to the vineyard and the cape for a week, my friend i went to college with lives on Martha's Vineyard. stayed a few days with her and. went to the cape with my boyfriend. basically worked a LOT and i will be going to hampton Beach, new hampshire for seafood fest next weekend, for my birthday present. i haven't admitted to my self that summer is almost over!!! i am dreading next week when classes start again, but this being my senior year i only have classes on tuesday and thursday. easy semester!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 03:50 pm
Oh yeah! If you've got to be in school, there's nothing better than being a Senior. Enjoy.
My mouth waters at the thought of a seafood fest. Have an extra king crableg for me, okay?
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 09:57 am
eoe, don't you worry i will become seafood by time i leave. but the best part is that is my birthday present, my birthday is 9/10 i will be 22, it's all down hill from here!!! Crying or Very sad i will be old, i have nothing to look forward to! except for saggy bum and boobs.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Summer fun
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 07:19:37