myrasf

Mon 26 Nov, 2007 12:02 pm
hello.

i've asked a manufacturer from china for samples. i will receive 4 samples each weighing less than 15 pounds with dimensions of 30"x9"x37".

the manufacturer mentioned by ocean to my nearest port - 2 miles away, but i would like them sooner. i assume it would take at least 4 weeks to get to me that way. also, i assume i would have to get them through customs and fill out paperwork or have to hire a customs broker. all for just 4 samples.

the samples will be for me to see what the quality is like. they will be used to take photos with for marketing pictures etc. perhaps later sold as open box or used.

my questions are: what is the easiest and fastest way for me to get these samples? AND were my original assumptions correct?

thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,457 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

chineseexporter

Thu 29 Nov, 2007 10:35 pm
the fastest way is use express such as DHL, FEDEX or TNT,UPS.the freight will be high,but you will get them in about 4days. it cost about $270
0 Replies

myrasf

Fri 30 Nov, 2007 09:35 am
thanks for your reply.

when you say $270 is that per item?

i will receive FOUR samples each weighing less than 15 pounds with dimensions of 30"x9"x37".
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 10 Dec, 2007 01:39 am
Call said companies (FedEx, DHL etc) and ask. Unless you give us all the details and someone else (I'm not) is charitable enough to do so for you are avoiding a couple of 5 minute phone calls to get the exact information yourself.

And if you don't want to do the customs work have a customs broker do it (I would). And here's the big kicker, the manufacturer already knows a bunch of freight forwarders who can handle it all. Just ask them what their options are.

If you don't like cost of the options they provide, the only way to reduce it is to get on the phones and get more options. In logistics, you need to be specific, and you should be out there networking with others who can help reduce your costs if you plan to be importing anyway.
0 Replies

myrasf

Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:27 am
thank you. i never thought about calling dhl etc. to see how much it should cost me. for some reason, it didn't occur to me that they would be able to tell me the cost from china to me.

i'm just starting out and the "scams" have made me overly careful.

thanks for taking the time out. very helpful for me
0 Replies

chineseexporter

Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:08 pm
sorry for my late reply

here i have some quotation sheet from different express company and we forwarder which is the agent of such express company can give us some discount. It will usually cheaper than they charge you directly.

but anyway, be careful in business

$270 should be the total shipping fee, you can also find a frowarder to ship by air not through express company, it will be cheaper I think

[email protected] is waiting for you if you need any help
0 Replies