Missing Sinatra song

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:50 am
I'm looking for info about a Sinatra track - "Who's Got The Last Laugh?" with the first line: "They all laughed at Christopher Columbus..."

It's a Gershwin/Gershwin song which he recorded in 1979. I'm trying to get hold of a copy for a friend, but I disapprove of Napster/Kazarr etc and actually prefer to part with money for a copy. If anyone knows where/when it was released (label, album, soundtrack maybe?) then that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 845 • Replies: 6
No top replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 12:40 pm
I had this but it's missing from my collection. It was on a double album (vinyl) I forget what it was called. Got it in the eighties. Bluish cover, also included NY, NY. I'll see if I can find it. Great album.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 01:10 pm
Found it!

http://www.blue-eyes.com/store/catalog/images/trilogy.jpg
SINATRA TRILOGY

Black and Silver cover.
Your song is "They All Laughed"
If you get this, you'll wear it out!

(3 LP set)
Reprise Records/(Division of Warner Bro.)
Produced By Sonny Burke

Disc: 1
1. Song Is You 2. But Not for Me 3. I Had the Craziest Dream 4. It Had to Be You 5. Let's Face the Music and Dance 6. Street of Dreams 7. My Shining Hour 8. All of You 9. More Than You Know 10. They All Laughed 11. You and Me (We Wanted It All) 12. Just the Way You Are 13. Something 14. MacArthur Park 15. Theme from New York, New York 16. Summer Me, Winter Me 17. Song Sung Blue 18. For the Good Times 19. Love Me Tender 20. That's What God Looks Like to Me

Disc: 2
1. What Time Does the Next Miracle Leave? 2. World War None! 3. Future 4. Future (Con't.) : "I've Been There! " 5. Future (Conclusion) : "Song Without Words" 6. Finale: Before the Music Ends
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 05:08 am
I've managed to order a copy from the records shop in town. Thanks for your help!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 10:06 am
Enjoy!
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:23 am
Got it too. Kept our vinyls when we moved, and bought a new record player. Lots of cassettes and players, and discs, but nothing compares to this. On my jacket the picture of Frank is almost rubbed off.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 11:24 am
Great Orchestration!
0 Replies