Importing Furniture-to Craven de Kere

Sat 24 Nov, 2007 01:18 pm
To: Craven de Kere
I own a furniture store in the Inland Empire and would like to start importing my own line. Right now I purchase from a wholesaler. So, I have received a few quotes FOB from China, but I keep getting information that it would be less expensive to have a manufacturer in the U.S. sell me the products then to purchase overseas. I mainly will be purchasing sofas.
With the new electronic processing in Long Beach port do you still think that it is to busy? Please give me your take on this.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,027 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

chineseexporter

Thu 29 Nov, 2007 10:38 pm
confused, i am not the right person
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 10 Dec, 2007 01:29 am
Re: Importing Furniture-to Craven de Kere
direct dave wrote:
So, I have received a few quotes FOB from China, but I keep getting information that it would be less expensive to have a manufacturer in the U.S. sell me the products then to purchase overseas. I mainly will be purchasing sofas.

Sofas sound like the type of product where that would be true.

Quote:
With the new electronic processing in Long Beach port do you still think that it is to busy? Please give me your take on this.

Busy doesn't really matter. There is a inherent cost to move a container from China to California and not that many sofas will fit in a container. I don't know all the numbers you are faced with (and don't have the time to acquaint myself with them) but you may well be barking up the wrong tree, and if I were in your shoes I'd be focusing on high value for the volume and avoiding big and bulky things.

But like most people who undertake to import themselves find out, the costs of doing so at low volume are often high enough to make it less profitable than to work with a company that's already importing in large volume.
0 Replies

markocao

Wed 23 Jan, 2008 08:34 am
i can help u!
hi!my name is marko,from China,

if you have any enquiry about import from China,maybe I can help you.

Also ,I know where you can buy good and cheap furniture from China.

you can reach me by e-mail : markocao(at)foxmail.com; msn:

markocaoxq(at)hotmail.com ,any comment would welcome!
0 Replies