My mind works in funny ways

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:04 pm
Right now, some spider is pining its mate. "She was to devour me tonight. Now >sob< she's gone."
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:10 pm
Better read up on your spiders, edgar.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:21 pm
I read your first post and just kept wondering.......why were you even touching the hamster's nose, were you trying to pick it Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:25 pm
TTH wrote:
I read your first post and just kept wondering.......why were you even touching the hamster's nose, were you trying to pick it Laughing

Simply communicating by touch, TTH. Sending out signals that I meant no harm.

Comprende?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:27 pm
I will take your word for it Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:40 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Better read up on your spiders, edgar.

I may be wrong about the brown recluse, but some spiders do eat their mate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:41 pm
I would be more concerned about that mate and it's missing dinner than whether or not she's pining for her mate. Do recluses look the same no matter their gender?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:54 pm
This reminds me of my mysterious french chocolate truffle experience. Many years ago I was staying with a friend in Rouen France. One evening we went to a nearby town to see a musical event and we stopped at a pastry shop to get some desert. We asked for an assortment of 6 truffles and let the proprietor pick. As I was paying, the baker gave me a wink and he said something in French that I didn't understand. I just smiled and we left.

Later that night we opened the box and saw five of the truffles looked very pretty but similar. However, one was very different as it had a sort of red marbleizing. My friend thought it was strawberry and believed it might make her breakout, so I took it. One bite and it was like the heavens opened up and the angels started singing. I was not going to share, it was that good. It was not strawberry, it was a little tart like pomegrante or sour cherry, but there was no sign of fruit. I ate it all, I licked my fingers, I looked in the box for crumbs. I wanted to go back and get more, but we ran out of time and never ended up back in that town. To this day I have looked for that treat in every bakery and candy shop I enter. I don't even know how to describe it, other than it was a chocolate truffle with deep red swirls. It has become my Holy Grail of food.

(PS - Just for your info. Gus, they do put crack in Cool Whip, it's why people keep buying it. )
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:00 am
I thought you were going to say you ate a spider green witch
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:24 am
littlek wrote:
I would be more concerned about that mate and it's missing dinner than whether or not she's pining for her mate. Do recluses look the same no matter their gender?

There are pictures of both male and female brown recluses online.
Male and female.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.81 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:51:02