My mind works in funny ways

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:09 pm
I was just upstairs, after having finished a turkey sandwich while perusing A2K, and after I placed the plate and utensils in the sink, I decided I was still a bit hungry and opted to have a slice of apple crisp with a dollop of Cool Whip on the top.

As I began to put the lid back on the Cool Whip, I heard my cat plodding down the stairs and I quickly dropped just a smidgen of Cool Whip on the floor. The cat rounded the corner, froze for a minute as she eyed this pile of white substance, then approached it. After sniffing it for a micro-second, she ate it with a speed and relish that I had never before witnessed.

After the last bit was gone she continued to lick the floor, trying to extract every last remnant of this unexpected nectar from the indiscernible fissures in the tile floor. She kept at it until I thought she was in danger of reducing her tongue to something the width of a piece of paper -- she would soon have this flappy red, useless thing dangling from her mouth.

I thought I must intervene and gently nudged her from the spot by lifting her with my foot and re-routing her to another corner of the kitchen.

She still paced the floors, obsessed with finding more of this miracle food. She was like a crackhead. What had I created?

I suppose after being forced to eat dried cat food, made of decomposing animal carcasses and whatever other god-forbidden thing those pet food makers toss into their concoctions, that the Cool Whip treat would, understandably, send her into this orgasmic state.

But, back to the title of the thread: The reason I chose that particular title was because the split second my cat began to eat that Cool Whip and exhibit her delight I flashed back to an incident from a summer gone by.

I believe I mentioned it here once. I was driving down a rural stretch of road around midnight on a hot, windless summer night and I noticed an unusual creature on the road ahead. The moonlight was quite bright and I examined this thing as I grew nearer and tried to determine just what sort of animal this thing could be. It didn't appear to be a carnivore, yet a creature that falls into the "hunted" category wouldn't move in such a casual fashion, turning in circles on the road, sniffing the ground, taking its sweet-ass time about nothing in particular. Easy prey, I thought, as I slid up and opened the door to find a hamster staring up at me, raising itself on its hind legs and sniffing my finger as I reached down to caress its nose.

Then it started on its casual way again, indifferent to the predators all around. I figured I had better try to grab it and take it home so it wouldn't be a quick meal for a fox or an owl, but he eluded my grasp and began to saunter off down a hardened tractor trail.

I continued on my journey, thinking to myself that before I had driven another mile a fox would be licking its lips.

See the correlation between the cat and the fox? Both stumbled across these unexpected, scrumptious feasts and will now spend the rest of their lives searching for the same. But the search will be fruitless.

I think of the fox, back at the den, telling his buddies, "It was small and fat and literally exploded in my mouth with a taste I shall never forget. I'm telling you guys, this was the nectar of the gods."

The other foxes will look at him, and say "Yeah, right, Louie. Sniffing around Ratzenhofer's paint cans again, were you.?"

Then, the fox laughter will subside and disappear into the mists of time, forgotten until now, and only remembered because of a cat's furious consumption of some Thanksgiving residue.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 29
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:19 pm
I'm sorry gus I had hitherto believed the orgasm inducing properties of pussy and cool whip were well known.

I should have kept you informed. I shall try to do better in the future.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:47 pm
Give dadpad a star for that one..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:49 pm
While cleaning some grapes, I found a brown recluse spider in my kitchen sink today. One of us came very close to a delectable surprise. Either I could have eaten it with a bite of grapes, or it could have chomped into me when I attempted to rescue it (I thought at first it was a wolf spider). As soon as I recognized the beast for what it truly was, I dropped it and stomped on it with my #10 1/2 shoe.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:53 pm
You pretty much lost me at the pairing of your mind and working.

However, I sense from the pairing of these narratives that you have a deep yearning for something that you will never find, and that your life is destroyed by the search; that you cannot enjoy what IS because of what you dream MIGHT BE.

I was almost moved to tears, but decided I wanted coffee more.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 04:53 pm
Gus, you've inspired me. I will proceed to the kitchen and attempt to torment my cat, as I know there is leftover Cool Whip somewhere.... Laughing

(to prove dadpads theorem, of course)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:06 pm
You know, I've never liked Cool Whip.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:06 pm
dlowan wrote:
You pretty much lost me at the pairing of your mind and working.

I knew that would confuse some people.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:07 pm
Chai wrote:
You know, I've never liked Cool Whip.

The rest of the cat world is going to be furious.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:26 pm
Boiled liver chunks were my Chow-Chow's nectar of choice.

As she was slow-moving and slow-thinking, I would push little chunks onto her broad flat head, deep into the fur and simply watch and wait.

It was pretty fun to see her root and snuffle about trying to find the choice nuggets but not being sure exactly where they were!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:32 pm
Was your father's name Adolph, Chumly?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:38 pm
EdgarB, really? my mind would reel....
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:40 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Was your father's name Adolph, Chumly?
When time is short, Adolph's Meal Makers ® are long on flavor.

An easy foolproof way to prepare a tasty meat loaf with a rich tomato sauce topping every time.

- Add 12 eggs and 20 pounds of ground gustavratzenhofer
- Mix in twelve 2.55 oz. Adolph's Meal Makers packages
- Cook for a while

Be sure to visit Chumly's Hometown Favorites Storefront for hundreds of hard to find and nostalgic food products! Don't forget to say hello to my father "Adolph, Chumly" in the preserves isle!

® roistered trademark of Chow-Chow International, a division of All-Foods Corp.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:45 pm
ossobuco wrote:

That would be a rather scary experience, edgar, especially knowing the results could have been of this nature...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/97778490_262023ab3f_m.jpg

(That was one of the least graphic photos I uncovered, and only chose it because the others would have caused discomfort over here at the main board.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 05:48 pm
Chumly wrote:
Add 12 eggs and 20 pounds of ground gustavratzenhofer

Where in the hell would one find 20 pounds of ground gustavratzenhofer? To the best of my knowledge I am the only one w-- Wait a goddamned minute! Are you saying what I think you're saying!?

You cold, heartless monster!

There will be hell to pay, my Canadian friend. Hell to pay.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 06:01 pm
Worry not!

All-Foods Corp. is an independent subsidiary of the Weeatitall Conglomerate

Listed on the NYSE

Member of the Gustavratzenhofer For Food Foundation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:30 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

That would be a rather scary experience, edgar, especially knowing the results could have been of this nature...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/97778490_262023ab3f_m.jpg

(That was one of the least graphic photos I uncovered, and only chose it because the others would have caused discomfort over here at the main board.)

I had put a paper towel down for it to climb upon, and was about to take it outside for release. Then, I noted the shape of it, and the fiddle shape it sported. Smackaroonie!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:38 pm
I would have reacted in much the same way, edgar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:57 pm
I was out of Cool Whip.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:00 pm
Cool Whip would have tamed the savage beast, as it was, but, considering you had none, a paper towel would have, and did, suffice.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My mind works in funny ways
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 11:57:26