I Was Feeling A Lot Better

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:28 pm
I took a week off from posting... squinney and I have been putting together some really cool events... my business is picking up... I'm feeling a lot more like myself and have been pretty happy the last few days for other reasons I won't talk about but squinney knows what they are....and then the pain hit again. the usual periodic gastro intestinal and I thought more kidney stones were on the move. Then the pain changed and became not better or worse but different.

So yesterday I go to the doctor and I have a prostate infection. Outside of it costing me 200.00 to find out and get a scrip, that's no big deal.... but in the course of being looked at, my blood pressure, which has always leaned toward the low side of just right... was 170/120 and the doc says to monitor it for a week or so and if doesn't come down I'll have to go on medication which I absolutely can't afford.

Man I'd just like to have one uneventful week. Just one.

I hope I'm not navel gazing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,187 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:42 pm
Look at it as a reminder that you're still alive and kicking. As long as it's a minor thing and something you can control, it's okay, right?

But I do hear you about having some peace (uneventful) and quiet.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:46 pm
I hope things start spinning back under control for you soon, BPB. By the way, what is navel gazing?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:59 pm
I'm not absolutely certain, but I think blood pressure meds are on the Walmart Pharmacy $4 list.

Mr. Noddy is on bp meds and while he has a pharmacy plan and cost is not a factor for us I keep an eye on pharmacy costs. The older and cheaper drugs are as effective as the brand new, glitter-name pills.

2007 is certainly not the Year of Your Dreams.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:08 pm
Re: I Was Feeling A Lot Better
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I took a week off from posting... squinney and I have been putting together some really cool events... my business is picking up... I'm feeling a lot more like myself and have been pretty happy the last few days for other reasons I won't talk about but squinney knows what they are....and then the pain hit again. the usual periodic gastro intestinal and I thought more kidney stones were on the move. Then the pain changed and became not better or worse but different.

So yesterday I go to the doctor and I have a prostate infection. Outside of it costing me 200.00 to find out and get a scrip, that's no big deal.... but in the course of being looked at, my blood pressure, which has always leaned toward the low side of just right... was 170/120 and the doc says to monitor it for a week or so and if doesn't come down I'll have to go on medication which I absolutely can't afford.

Man I'd just like to have one uneventful week. Just one.

I hope I'm not navel gazing.

Just a heads up but you can get Lisinopril for $7.50/month supply at Costco. Less than $100 year - it's the first line (called water pills cuz they make you pee).
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:19 pm
thanks guys for the heads up... I'm hoping this is just the result of being in chronic pain for the last couple of months and the issue will resolve itself... it's certainly the opposite of my usual heart healthy condition.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:22 pm
I don't think Lisinopril could be prescribed with a prostate infection and/or the gastro things - but cjhsa may be more competent here.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:27 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I don't think Lisinopril could be prescribed with a prostate infection and/or the gastro things - but cjhsa may be more competent here.

It's a BP medication.... for pete's sake....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:30 pm
Okay, okay - American doctors might presribe diffrently and your package insert might have a different content ...

Quote:
D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. All the content of the service, including all postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice because of something you've received from or read in the Able2Know service.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:34 pm
Re: high blood pressure and prostate problems...

I am trying to resist making wisecracks about old age here, Bear, but I don't know how much longer I can last. Cool

Your friend with a standing Rx,

Eva
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:35 pm
I'll tell ya what'll really make you pee....

Lisinopril with a chaser of HCTZ (Hydrochlorothiazide)

Man, we're gettin' old, comparing blood pressure med rushes. Wooooooowee.....I woke up one morning and my BP was 124/64....damn that lis is some gooooood sh!t.

Seriously bear, hope you get everything under control.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:43 pm
Bear
Bear, I thought when you grew up you would behave yourself.

Take care of yer bod, Bear!

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:55 pm
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

the thing is after a short slip for a couple of weeks when I was busy navel gazing and feeling sorry for myself thereby incurring the wrath of Snood... I do take care of myself. I'm a vegetarian, I work out, I do heavy cardio, my body fat percentage is in the teens and I'm not overweight.

I don't use drugs no matter how much I joke about it and I'm a moderate drinker, although I do occasionally get **** faced if it seems like the thing to do, but the key word is occasionally.

So maybe it is the onset of old age... but I can still out **** any 25 year old you'd care to mention :wink:
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:21 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
BBB

the thing is after a short slip for a couple of weeks when I was busy navel gazing and feeling sorry for myself thereby incurring the wrath of Snood... I do take care of myself. I'm a vegetarian, I work out, I do heavy cardio, my body fat percentage is in the teens and I'm not overweight.

I don't use drugs no matter how much I joke about it and I'm a moderate drinker, although I do occasionally get **** faced if it seems like the thing to do, but the key word is occasionally.

So maybe it is the onset of old age... but I can still out **** any 25 year old you'd care to mention :wink:

I believe you---on all claims.

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:28 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I took a week off from posting... squinney and I have been putting together some really cool events... my business is picking up... I'm feeling a lot more like myself and have been pretty happy the last few days for other reasons I won't talk about but squinney knows what they are.....

I do?

Did I turn on my side?? Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:31 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

A2k is censoring the word TALK now????

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

:wink:

But seriously....hope the BP and infection are soon gone.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BPB)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:37 pm
squinney wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I took a week off from posting... squinney and I have been putting together some really cool events... my business is picking up... I'm feeling a lot more like myself and have been pretty happy the last few days for other reasons I won't talk about but squinney knows what they are.....

I do?

Did I turn on my side?? Shocked

Did I miss something?
Are you 2 back together?

BTW, pain certainly can increase your blood pressure. I would imagine an infection could to, what with the heart having to work harder to fight it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:41 pm
No, you didn't miss anything. Just a loose Austin Powers reference that we joke about.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 04:53 pm
dlowan hopes my BP is soon gone? thanks a lot.....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:51 pm
Bear
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
dlowan hopes my BP is soon gone? thanks a lot.....

Are you saying dlowan is an evil bunny?

BBB
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Was Feeling A Lot Better
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:24:41