How much stress can a person take before they explode?

Noddy24

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:39 pm
Linkat--

You are Woman. I hear you roar.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:48 pm
I SOOOO never would have made it in the corporate world with such nonsense. At least you've documented your part, but that doesn't excuse your higher ups from responsibility if anyone gets hurt. I suppose it's too much paperwok to fire him?

My heart goes out to you. I know you have a lot on your plate.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 12:03 pm
Thanks Squinny.

Yesterday I had to have another talk with another employee - this one was associated around work performance or in his case lack of work performance.

So I am now the designated b*tch in the office, but at least in this case I think I put the fear of God in him (or the fear he wouldn't get a bonus). Amazing how some one who did crap (if any) for work suddenly becomes responsible and takes ownership for his work when told if he continues in this fashion it will be reflected in your bonus.

Even though I still have a couple of more minor performance issues to deal with (one centering around the aforementioned eruption), I told my boss I am done with these conversations right now - I will have to deal with the others later. I am beyond my quota for confrontations.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2760566/2/istockphoto_2760566_female_african_lion.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:57 pm
Linkat--

Good for you.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 06:59 pm
Quote:
Linkat--

You are Woman. I hear you roar.

Me too! (takes deep breath).........MEEEEEEEW!!!!
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 07:27 pm
Quote:
It can be so stupid how companies/departments handle things - here they let me go in and talk with a suspected potential violent person about his violence and threatening behavior.

Seriously, how does someone like this even stay employed? Why isn't he fired?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 11:21:14