Scam

dadpad

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:59 am
I Never purchased anything on ebay let alone a handbag. I do not have an ebay account nor am I registered with ebay.

[email protected]

eBay sent this message to .................. (My email address)
Your registered email address is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Here's the invoice for your item!

Thank you for your purchase. The total for your item below is AU $149.50.

Click Pay Now to confirm shipping, get total price, and arrange payment through: PayPal; money order.

Item # Item Title Qty. Price
330184599235 Brand New Guess Ladies Handbag 1 AU $147.50

Subtotal: AU $147.50
Regular:
AU $12.00
Shipping insurance (Optional): --

Total: AU $149.50

Thank you again for your purchase.
book966

eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account Protection .

This eBay notice was sent to (My email Address) based on your eBay account preferences and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification preferences, click here . If you would like to receive this email in text format, click here .

Copyright © 1995-2007 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

[email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] ,
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,691 • Replies: 5
No top replies

TTH

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 02:30 am
dadpad
Did you report that email to them? They do want to know when these scams are happening. They do keep track of them and work with law enforcement to try and catch these people to prosecute them when they break a law.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 03:45 am
TTH wrote:
dadpad
Did you report that email to them? They do want to know when these scams are happening. They do keep track of them and work with law enforcement to try and catch these people to prosecute them when they break a law.

I need to be a registered member to send an email to Ebay. Help and security and contact us just send me round in circles.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 06:38 am
dadpad
You don't have to be a member to forward it to them. Here is the link if you want to read their policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/spoof-email.html

The yellow area in the middle of the page says this:

"To report suspicious email:
Use your email program to forward the message to [email protected].
Important: In order for eBay to investigate your report, you must forward the email without adding attachments, adding text or altering text.
Once you have forwarded the email, you can delete it from your email account."

Hope that helps Very Happy :wink: .....I know I should probably be in bed Laughing
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 07:09 am
Found and did all that before your reply TTH. But thanks anyway. and ebay have sent a reply confirming it as a spoof.

Hope some web crawling bot picks up his email address and spams the crap out of it.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 07:16 am
dadpad wrote:
Found and did all that before your reply TTH. But thanks anyway. and ebay have sent a reply confirming it as a spoof.

Hope some web crawling bot picks up his email address and spams the crap out of it.
NOW you tell me AFTER I looked that up Evil or Very Mad
You owe me one mister Laughing
Glad to hear you reported it though :wink:
0 Replies