Pets and time change

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:02 am
So, whose pets got up and made a racket at the usual time this morning?

Dang, I wish they would just leave the fricking time the same all year round, either way, preferably DST.

It's too hard on us pet owners. Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 475 • Replies: 19
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:05 am
tell me about it - Bailey and Cleo were up early early

now I'm making their lunch while Set takes them around the block
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:28 am
Same here. Our dog is still on DST, even though I talked to him at length
about it yesterday, and walked him late at night, he was up at 6 am DST. Twisted Evil

Reyn, is this your cat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ve6Jzp0i40
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:54 am
Our cats usually wake me up at around 5 am so I don't really care if it's 4 or 5...

They get some food at 10 pm and were a bit mixed up here. But in Europe DST ended a week earlier so we are back to normal now.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 01:11 pm
Never mind the dog and cat, my inner alarm still goes off at the same time. I don't use an alarm clock as I get up at 5:00 am every morning, including weekends. Now I have to find something to do with the extra hour in the morning.

I think it is a government conspiracy to keep us in check.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 01:44 pm
ehBeth wrote:
tell me about it - Bailey and Cleo were up early early

now I'm making their lunch while Set takes them around the block

It sure takes a while to get their clocks sorted out, eh?

CalamityJane wrote:
Same here. Our dog is still on DST, even though I talked to him at length
about it yesterday, and walked him late at night, he was up at 6 am DST. Twisted Evil

Reyn, is this your cat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ve6Jzp0i40

That could be one of our two cats, if left unchecked!

I've taken to putting up cardboard barriers at night time so they can't come upstairs and bug us.

Of course, they just meow and run around instead. Mad

urs53 wrote:
Our cats usually wake me up at around 5 am so I don't really care if it's 4 or 5...

They get some food at 10 pm and were a bit mixed up here. But in Europe DST ended a week earlier so we are back to normal now.

Wow, that's a bit too early for me! 6:30am is soon enough!

Intrepid wrote:
Never mind the dog and cat, my inner alarm still goes off at the same time. I don't use an alarm clock as I get up at 5:00 am every morning, including weekends. Now I have to find something to do with the extra hour in the morning.

I think it is a government conspiracy to keep us in check.

A conspiracy it could be. Either way, it's our government not using their head and just keeping it DST all year round. After all, if it's all about saving energy, then why not?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:21 pm
You think your schedule is tough? I have to give my cat insulin every 12 hours. I am not supposed to be early or late by as much as an hour. So, If I shot him last night at 7:45pm and this morning at 8: 15am old time that means it was 7:15am new time right? So, when do I shoot him this evening? Somewhere between 7:15pm and 8:15pm, yes? So, it'd be best to happen around 7:45pm..... right?

Anyone? Sigh. I have to make all these steps twice a year, every year. It never gets more obvious.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:27 pm
Right
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:49 pm
Kris, you have my sympathies. That does sound rough.

I'll stop complaining right now. :wink:
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:05 pm
I miss daylight savings time (we don't have it in FNQ). The birds start singing about 3am.

I'm amazed people have pets that are so attuned to sunset/sunrise - ours seem to sleep all day and play all night regardless.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:34 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Right

Right for me? Yes? Phew!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 06:03 pm
Didn't know about the time change. Woke up, looked at the clock, was time to go to the hospital and check on patient. Patient was fine and apparently unaware of time change. Anyway, she's a Doberman, and I don't know how particular they are about chronometry.

Waited an hour for clinician to show up. Sent clinician a terse page that I was done waiting and was leaving orders for her to sign. Then am reminded by somebody that most of the country had fallen back overnight (just not me).

Apologized for terse page, regretted lost hour of sleep.

Oddly enough, the dogs didn't even stir when I got up this morning. Maybe they'd got the memo.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 06:10 pm
littlek wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Right

Right for me? Yes? Phew!

I seem to recall you having the same dilemma last spring, or maybe it was last fall. :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 08:56 pm
Like I said, happens twice a year. The fall change is in my favor as I tend to sleep later into the morning on weekends.

<sigh>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 09:00 pm
Don't have to walk her; she has a doggie door. I always feed her right when I get home (about 5:20 or so). So, she doesn't have so much adjusting to do.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 07:05 am
Daylight saving or no, I'm always the early riser .... my cat just keeps right on snoozing. For ages!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 07:28 am
Oh, puhleeze! I was up before the roosters! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 07:33 am
I was up even before that! Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 08:50 am
msolga wrote:
Daylight saving or no, I'm always the early riser .... my cat just keeps right on snoozing. For ages!

Really? Shocked

No kitty alarm clock?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 06:35 pm
Reyn wrote:
msolga wrote:

Really? Shocked

No kitty alarm clock?

Really, Reyn.

It wouldn't matter if I got up hours later - she'd still be fast asleep!

She's a lousy alarm clock!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pets and time change
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.53 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:36:22