Must Be Nice

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:42 pm
I heard on the radio today that Britney Spears makes $737,000 per month -- and spends all of it. She doesn't invest or save any of it. How do you even do that -- spend $737,000 a month, I mean?

I don't want to sound judgmental, but when I think what I could do with that money! Mad

Oh, I should add that she does give $500 every month to charity, though. Confused

What is it with these celebs? I guess they just assume that the money will keep rolling in forever....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 586 • Replies: 10
No top replies

mushypancakes

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:47 pm
I could blow it. No matter what I make, I can blow it easy. But I don't do that anymore. Laughing

Don't think it is just celebs. I think a lot of people are lagging on the skills and/or maturity to handling resources. Money and otherwise.

It's not real to a lot of people. And Britney...not a knock at all...she's a baby. I kinda feel badly for her. Her life kinda sucks and will continue to suck for a while.

Now if you'll excuse me...I need to create a charity to start collecting from some of these dumb ass people. Or move to California where I can invent some dumb ass quasi job or expertise and make my living off the rich and dumb delusional.

Ain't I just mary sunshine?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:49 pm
mushypancakes, I was thinking the same thing. I think I'll write a letter to Britney, tell her what a big fan I am Cool , and ask her to make a contribution to my own personal favorite charity......The Stray Cat foundation.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:54 pm
Stray Cat- It seems that it is a very common scenario that people who get their hands on a whole lot of money without knowing what to do with it end up blowing it. There has been a lot written about huge lottery winners who end up worse off than before they won, because they did not know what to do with the money.

Some day the money tree will stop producing for Brittany. She will be older, wiser, and will kick herself in the ass for being such a jerk.

In the meantime, I am not planning to hold a "benefit" for her! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:59 pm
Yeah, you'd think she'd at least put some of that money aside for her kids.......oh wait, she doesn't care about them. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 05:04 pm
People like that don't even consider the future. They are totally narcissistic, and are only concerned with instant gratification.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 06:18 am
http://i16.tinypic.com/67qa45z.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 09:32 am
Good thing there was a child support order. It should be for more (I'm talking percentages here, folks, not so much raw dollars).

Oh and I'm assuming booze and drugs come under entertainment?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 11:09 am
I understand that major league teams strongly recommend to their new, financially-unsophisticated players that they hire Money Managers.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 11:24 am
I'm torn on this one....

Sure, it's easy to be judgemental.

On the other hand, it's her money; she earned it by working her butt off since she was a little kid.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:31 pm
That's true, Drew Dad. It's her money, she can blow it all if she wants to. It just kills me when I think about how many people (like me) are struggling, while Britney makes enough in one month to feed a family of four for several years -- and she pisses it all away!

Anyway, it's good to see at least some of that money is going to her kids.

Quote:
Oh and I'm assuming booze and drugs come under entertainment?

Yeah, there should be a separate category called "Drug Dealer Payments."
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Must Be Nice
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 08:36:32