Hello-how many Chinese are here?

littlek

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 10:36 am
jgoldman comes to this forum. He stays away for 2 or 3 months and then comes back to the forum.

Welcome to able2know.

I am a teacher in the united states. My students are learning about China now. They are 8 years old.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 10:01 pm
maliyana wrote:
Montana wrote:
Wow! Look at all the new people.

Welcome to A2K all :-D

hi , pleased to see you .
thanks for replying me ,that makes me to know I am not alone in this forum

you know ,in many other forums mostly there is just one person and is me !!!

they all cant reply you ,no matter it is good or bad.
and in the end ,say thanks another time.

on the other side of the eather ,its time to sleep,and soon I will log out ,byby.

Pleased to meet you as well maliyana and I hope you have a very nice sleep :-D
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:42 am
Re: Hello-how many Chinese are here?
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
sshjj wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
Hello. I'm doing research on Chinese language and culture. I'd like to know, are thee any Chinese people here who can help me out with my questions? Please let me know. Very Happy

Hi,glad to meet you,I am from Shandong province ,China,PLs don't hesitate to let me know if i can help you something

Hi there. I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I would like to know what dialects of Chinese you speak, and if you could please help me out with some English to Chinese translations?

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:44 am Post: 2916694 - Hello-how many Chinese are here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello. I'm doing research on Chinese language and culture. I'd like to know, are thee any Chinese people here who can help me out with my questions? Please let me know.
Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:44 am

and
today is
Sat May 10, 2008 10:15 pm

so
your poster has lasted 7 monthes!!!! notice,please take your attentions,7!it's 7 monthes,
and you ,what about you ??

just replay ,

this puzzled me ,why?? to surprised

and ,by the way ,do your need help on chinese?I will be glad to help you .

Hi-do you speak Taiwanese?
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:45 am
Montana wrote:
maliyana wrote:
Montana wrote:
Wow! Look at all the new people.

Welcome to A2K all :-D

hi , pleased to see you .
thanks for replying me ,that makes me to know I am not alone in this forum

you know ,in many other forums mostly there is just one person and is me !!!

they all cant reply you ,no matter it is good or bad.
and in the end ,say thanks another time.

on the other side of the eather ,its time to sleep,and soon I will log out ,byby.

Pleased to meet you as well maliyana and I hope you have a very nice sleep :-D

oh !! great , my God ,It the first time that I write in English in the web ,its so funny,a strang feeling , and perhaps only the god knows what I says , aha ,you understand me ,it is so great . Montana , have a nice sleep too.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 08:13 am
Maliyana, I understand you just fine. I don't think your english is bad at all I love talking with people from all over the world.

A2K is a wonderful place to find information and to make friends at the same time. Our community just keeps on growing and it's so very nice to see more and more people from different parts of the world come in and join us.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

How is the weather in your part of the world today? We had lots of rain lately, but the sun finally came out today. It's a little bit chilly outside, but the sun is shining and I'm very happy about that.
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:42 pm
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
sshjj wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
Hello. I'm doing research on Chinese language and culture. I'd like to know, are thee any Chinese people here who can help me out with my questions? Please let me know. Very Happy

and
today is

sorry , I cant sleak Taiwanese , but I can speak Henanese and Tianjinese , ((((Henan is in the center of china ; and Tianjin is in the northeast of it , and beside the bohai bay .
TO tell you a strang and also a truth thing , when a Henannese or shanxinese come across a guangdongnese (guangdong province) , they both can't understand eachother,for example of me , completely I can't understand a guangdongnese even a word !!
haha. Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:53 pm
Montana
resently , it's rainy, and cold , continuous 4 days ,damn it .
so these days I cant help but seat behind my computer and scan the wedsite, haha , just these times I find a wedsite ,ahaha ,it called ::able2know: , haha ,so I stay there.so funny.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 09:26 pm
Yeah, we had lots of rain as well, but the sun came out for a bit today and it's suppose to be pretty nice and sunny the next three days. I'm looking forward to that for sure.

It's been a long day and night, so I'm off to get some sleep and I hope to see you soon :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 10:11 pm
No trouble understanding maliyana at all. Better than a certain few who speak English as their first language.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 03:14 am
Very true Roger :-D
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 04:56 am
Roger:
I will be a fly on the wheel if I agree with you , I know myself ,just write these word ,it spent me about 10 minutes but undering the help of a translation tool called " kingsoft " .
Reading a long article is a difficult job , always my brain become chaos when I reading a long one for some time .
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 05:05 pm
reply to all
Hi-how many people here are from Taiwan? How many people speak Taiwanese?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 12 May, 2008 05:07 pm
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
sshjj wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:

and
today is

sorry , I cant sleak Taiwanese , but I can speak Henanese and Tianjinese , ((((Henan is in the center of china ; and Tianjin is in the northeast of it , and beside the bohai bay .
TO tell you a strang and also a truth thing , when a Henannese or shanxinese come across a guangdongnese (guangdong province) , they both can't understand eachother,for example of me , completely I can't understand a guangdongnese even a word !!

Okay can you please help me with Henanese and Tianjinese?
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 02:42 am
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:

Sure, I am glad to do it ,but how? What can I do for you ?

Books ? but there is not any book about it . even have, I can speak for certain because it is not so complex but just a another speakaccent about chinese , and it is not far away from putonghua .

The most different between Putonghua and Henahua(the language accent that Henanese speak, ' hua ' in chinese mean ' language') , Putonghua is not an ancient language , so certainly, it does not contern much culture , conversely Henanhua has a long history , and it has excellent civilization .

Please believe, it's very easy to speak Henanese(Henanhua) if you have learnt Chinese Putonghua , for Henanhua is just an accent among lots of other province's accents.

But the speeking and pronounce is much different between some dialects , some difference are huge (exampled on prior text ). Some person even said the difference is larger than that between French and Italian , but I think it's just a joke .

Fortunately , I grow up in the central of china , haha , in the dormitory when I was in college, my friend telephone home or their classmate in senior high school times, they speak with their dialect , mostly person can't listen even a word ; but others can listen nearly clearly, including me .
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:10 am
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:

Books ? but there is not any book about it . even have, I can speak for certain because it is not so complex but just a another speakaccent about chinese , and it is not far away from putonghua .

The most different between Putonghua and Henahua(the language accent that Henanese speak, ' hua ' in chinese mean ' language') , Putonghua is not an ancient language , so certainly, it does not contern much culture , conversely Henanhua has a long history , and it has excellent civilization .

Please believe, it's very easy to speak Henanese(Henanhua) if you have learnt Chinese Putonghua , for Henanhua is just an accent among lots of other province's accents.

But the speeking and pronounce is much different between some dialects , some difference are huge (exampled on prior text ). Some person even said the difference is larger than that between French and Italian , but I think it's just a joke .

Fortunately , I grow up in the central of china , haha , in the dormitory when I was in college, my friend telephone home or their classmate in senior high school times, they speak with their dialect , mostly person can't listen even a word ; but others can listen nearly clearly, including me .

Hi-could you please help em with English to Henanese and English to Tianjinese translations? Very Happy
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:08 am
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:

Hi-could you please help em with English to Henanese and English to Tianjinese translations? Very Happy

JGoldman10

The Chinese writing_language , is same , only accent is not, the accent is far away differfnt ,but the writing-language is same.

My foolish friend , to tell you , dont you know , where is the biggest different between chinese (language) and other languages inthe world ( including English) ?

picture----->pictograph------>oracle bone (early chinese language )------------>original chinese language (now used in taiwan )

but others is not picture language , the are letters languages , I think they belong to digital language . If the language that in accent is far away differrent between regions , so we can say , they are different language . But never in Chinese .

So , I cant do anything . For the writing is just the same. I cant fly because I dont have wings . Its none of my business .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:36 am
Digital language! Thanks. That is a new thought. Not sure you are right, but I'll think about it.
0 Replies

maliyana

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 08:26 am
roger wrote:
Digital language! Thanks. That is a new thought. Not sure you are right, but I'll think about it.

Well, thanks for understanding .

But , I dont think it is a new thought .

I am waiting for your replay .

And I have some others thought about others subjcetts . Looking for a wiseman debate upon them .
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 07:56 am
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:
JGoldman10 wrote:
maliyana wrote:

JGoldman10

The Chinese writing_language , is same , only accent is not, the accent is far away differfnt ,but the writing-language is same.

My foolish friend , to tell you , dont you know , where is the biggest different between chinese (language) and other languages inthe world ( including English) ?

picture----->pictograph------>oracle bone (early chinese language )------------>original chinese language (now used in taiwan )

but others is not picture language , the are letters languages , I think they belong to digital language . If the language that in accent is far away differrent between regions , so we can say , they are different language . But never in Chinese .

So , I cant do anything . For the writing is just the same. I cant fly because I dont have wings . Its none of my business .

I'm confused-you can't help me with any Chinese language translations?
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 11:26 pm
What is Taiwanese? The official language is Mandarin, of which there are two main forms in character writing. The simplified and the traditional Chinese character system. Is this what you are looking for (because unless I am mistaken even if one is to write the characters, your computer needs to be equipped which the ability to read them). Perhaps as Taiwan uses the traditional characters and China the simplified, this was your reason for asking a Taiwanese to translate.

Or are you looking for Romanized translations, there are several systems of this too. Wales-Giles/Hanyu Pinyin and half a dozen others.

Or were you looking for a translation into Taiwanese, which might be one of the popular Fujian dialects spoken here like Min Nan and Hakka?

Or perhaps you were looking for the Aboriginal language translations of Taiwan, which have 9 major tribes and languages.

Anyway, I read through the thread and couldn't find the actual translations you are asking for. If you are interested, Ill help out. Post them again being a bit more clear on what you need in translation.

I would have posted sooner, but until I heard you need this for some cartoons thought you were playing on obvious Chinese/Taiwanese differences to get a rise.
0 Replies