Tosser or Saver?

Chai

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 05:21 am
squinney wrote:
I was a horder living with a tosser. Over time I've learned to be okay with tossing things. I'm now a minimalist. I like things streamlined, uncluttered. I keep a few books I've already read just so there is something on the shelf. I can't read books twice.

JPB - That sounds familiar! Very Happy

Wow squinny, this is spooky.

My 1st, temporary husband was a huge tosser, I was on the verge of horde-dom.

I did pick up from him the "If you haven't used it in a year, do you need it?" thing...well, mostly. Well, I do keep clothes more than a year, seasonal stuff.
Nevermind that he would toss stuff that he knew he would need in a week.

Now, I too am now a minimalist. I'd rather have one nice thing than 5 or 10 cheap items.

On the other hand, I will indulge in a tossable item for an occassional touch of whimsey...
For instance, for Christmas, since we have no kids, we really don't do trees, opting instead for a Tasteful Seasonal Tableau of items on a long table in the library...except this year.

I'd been thinking of making my own 60's style groovy holiday cards this year, and I guess the thought was in my head when I went into Garden Ridge, a big craft store down here.

I came out with a 4 foot lavender christmas tree and way mod turquoise, silver, white and blue decorations....The entire affair may very well be a tosser after December.....but, maybe not.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 02:27 am
I am a tosser. I do like re-reading some books, though, so i keep them. But i give away/throw the trashy ones. Nothing is saved "just in case" ...My husband is a hoarder but i do throw away everything that doesnt appear useful in the near future.

We also have lots of "unused" stuff in our house, such as a beautiful painting we bought in some art gallery...this painting way too big for our house. I keep telling my husband we should give it to someone who will like it but he will say "hey, let's use when we move into a bigger house"....(and we have no plans of doing so in the next ten years!!...)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tosser or Saver?
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:23:06