[answered] Site down yesterday???

Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 04:08 pm
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Any idea what causes the problem in the cache?

And, while we're at it, why can I get back on the site without doing anything at a later date? This just happened to me last Sunday morning again.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:49 pm
I may need to purchase the services of additional backup DNS servers, but I'm moving a god-awful number of domains around right now and will better be able to access DNS issues once all the changes settle.

DNS is a distributed database with propagating caches and other DNS servers need to cache all the new information for the sites I'm moving before I can ascertain the load.

It may be a bit hectic for a week or two.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 06:30 pm
Thanks, will try to allay consternations that come up... not that anyone will listen to non-tecca.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:44 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I may need to purchase the services of additional backup DNS servers, but I'm moving a god-awful number of domains around right now and will better be able to access DNS issues once all the changes settle.

DNS is a distributed database with propagating caches and other DNS servers need to cache all the new information for the sites I'm moving before I can ascertain the load.

It may be a bit hectic for a week or two.

Ah, thank you for the explanation, Craven. This makes some sense to me. Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:29:07