Smashing Pumpkins

Seed

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:24 pm
So they have come out with a new cd. Needles to say when I hear about it coming out, I was thrilled. Life got to be life again, and I quickly forgot about the release and just recently just picked it up. I haven't given it a listen that would be enough for me to give it an over all review, but from what I have heard I find it....

How do I find it? It doesn't sound like a Smashing Pumpkins album to me. I don't know quite what it is. It's Billy singing alright, but it doesnt seem to have the same feeling that the older records have. Granted, a lot of albums and artist for that matter, that I haven't liked, have become favorites after hearing it more then a few times and after giving it some serious listening.

Anyone have any thoughts on the new record?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 855 • Replies: 5
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:28 pm
haven't heard anything from it, they started o lose me on the melancollie cd
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:58 pm
I was still with them through Machina and Adore - but I just can't get interested in the new one - it almost feels like a contractual obligation album - hey fellas let's churn this one out and pay our mortgages.

It's subjective - maybe we've changed rather than them.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 09:58 pm
I love it, but it did take me a few listens to get used to. On my first listen I thought the same thing you did, that it didn't "sound like the Pumpkins,"-- but then I thought about that and realized that (in my musically uneducated opinion) each of their albums sounds different than the others anyway. So I think having a new sound is actually pretty consistent with their history...

But then, I'm a die-hard fan, so I dunno what normal people think! -- see my sig line... have lyrics from Mellon Collie engraved on my wedding ring...went to three of their concerts this summer, plus two during Billy's solo tour... lol

Anyway, give it a few more listens, mebbe it'll grow on ya. I think I need to go listen to it right now, actually Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 10:02 pm
ha, my sig line's not showing up 'cause I edited that... Embarrassed
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 10:08 pm
The world is a vampire...
0 Replies