When Bear Went To The Emergency Room

squinney

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:14 am
The thing is, that if he can pay half and satisfy the bill why not bill him the 3250 to start with? How many people without insurance just go ahead and pay the full amount or agree to exhorbinant monthly payments when half would have satisfied paying for the care?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 10:26 am
I agree.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 11:42 am
A personal visit might be more productive than a telephone call.

I've filled out many-many forms for the Fringes of Mr. Noddy's family and most hospitals have a sliding scale of charges according to what an individual can pay.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 09:22 am
You could try Australias public health system.

Staff at Royal North Shore Hospital allegedly ignored the 32-year-old woman when she came to the hospital with symptoms similar to those she had during an earlier miscarriage.
The woman's husband, Mark Dreyer, said the couple had been at casualty for two hours and although his wife, who was 13 weeks pregnant and in obvious agony, she had not been examined or led to a private room.

Toilet miscarriage sparks hospital review
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 09:33 am
The health care system in the U.S. is screwed up big time. I hope this works out for Bear and that he's OK, however, many of us disagree on how to fix this mess.

Some what socialized medicine (aka Hillary). Some, like me, think that our malpractice and other insurance/law is the real problem. Just 20 years ago it wasn't that bad, now, you go for a simple doctor office visit and you get billed by three, four, even five people/orgs. It's out of control.

When I lived in California we were in an HMO - it was great because all you had to to was make the co-pay and forget about it. I imagine that has changed as well - even though they were cheaper than the other options, the others forced employers to "level" the playing field by forcing users to pay a % of their bill even if they chose the far cheaper HMO...

Once again, the lawyers and tallywhackers f--k it up for everyone.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 09:49 am
Bear, what really pisses me off is that you WORK. Were you unemployed, you could be on medicade and that's FREE. Working Americans are punished and that is something that I will never understand. I cannot believe that Steve, Jr. 's SSI will be raided to pay for his trip to the emergency room.

Found this pie chart, but not certain how up-to-date it is.

http://www.warresisters.org/images/pieFY08.gif
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 10:07 am
Oh Honey it never ends.... when squinney and I were together... SSI figured the worth of Jrs. housing at the amount we paid divided by 5 people.
Now that it's just me and Stephen they figure the worth of his housing by our rent divided by 2, which is a lagre amont, declare that his housing is worth more, and have reduced the amount of his payment even though it of course costs him the same and me (the provider) more.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 10:07 am
Oh Honey it never ends.... when squinney and I were together... SSI figured the worth of Jrs. housing at the amount we paid divided by 5 people.
Now that it's just me and Stephen they figure the worth of his housing by our rent divided by 2, which is a lagre amont, declare that his housing is worth more, and have reduced the amount of his payment even though it of course costs him the same and me (the provider) more.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 03:33:41