When Bear Went To The Emergency Room

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 04:57 pm
I got the bill today... I was there 2 lousy hours...6500.00.... and they diagnosed me and cut me loose..... didn't even fix me.... Jesus Christ!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,295 • Replies: 27
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 04:59 pm
GAAACK!!! Shocked Drunk Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 05:04 pm
that would send me back with a heart attack, though that would only make the bill higher.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 05:10 pm
This is supreme bull sht if you murmured you had this stuff in the first place, in my negligible opinion.

But bull anyway. A bull balloon.

A lot of us are caught - we can't go to emergency, and we can't not go.

And emergency rooms in the US are caught in other ways. They naturally have to confirm you have what you said you have...
Legal twine.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 05:39 pm
Youch! I'm glad I'm up here with our 16 hour waits in ER and shitty medical system (according to some)... wow. That's nasty!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 05:48 pm
Well, you pay extra to only be there 2 hours, you know.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 07:48 pm
One of the only things that really keep me thinking about the military as a long term option. Love going to the doctor and not getting a bill.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 08:00 pm
Mame wrote:
Youch! I'm glad I'm up here with our 16 hour waits in ER and shitty medical system (according to some)... wow. That's nasty!

amen my canadian sister
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 09:33 pm
I had no idea you were Canadian, dj...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 09:35 pm
and so is his sister :wink:
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 09:38 pm
would that be you, you initial people (dj, jpb!!) ?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:37 am
nope my sister's name is the reverse (sort of), of another posters original name
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:39 am
Get well son Bear!
http://richardfsm.tripod.com/PhotosBulgaria/Koukeri/SickBear.JPG

Get well soon Bear.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 06:53 am
I'm taking up a collection to assist Bear with his medical bills. Send money to me in OZ and I will set up a special bank account. when we have a good amount I will send it on to the hospital on bears behalf.

PM me for an account number to send the money to.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:43 am
dadpad you old scammer you.... 6500 american would buy a lot of fosters I'm sure Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:45 am
Assuming you have no insurance, call them up and tell them you can't pay it, but you can be persuaded to pay a portion of it -- like maybe the amount that an insurance company would pay (probably about $1200). I think you'll find them accommodating if the alternative is that you pay them nothing.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:57 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Assuming you have no insurance, call them up and tell them you can't pay it, but you can be persuaded to pay a portion of it -- like maybe the amount that an insurance company would pay (probably about $1200). I think you'll find them accommodating if the alternative is that you pay them nothing.

yeah okay. I talked to them yesterday and the lady said I had two options. get a 50% discount if I pay the full balance in 90 days or pay a minimum 271.00 a month for I'm assuming the rest of my natural f*cking life.

When I told her that I couldn't guarantee I could pay 271 every month but that I would guarantee to make a good faith payment monthly she replied that was unacceptable. I asked her what that meant and what would happen if I made a regular monthly payment but it was less than 271 and she said they'd turn it over to collections and they in turn would report it to the credit bureaus and informed me that was a bad thing, which I was glad to be told because otherwise how would I know? since I don't have insurance I'm obviously retarded and need people to explain that kind of thing to me.so here's my reply to her... quote unquote "Well honey, if you'r going to turn my f*cking bill over to a f*cking collector anyway, I'm not going to pay you a f*cking dime, so you may as well turn the f*cking bill over right f*cking now. If you're going to ruin my f*cking credit regardless, I see no f*cking need in giving you any of my f*cking money." "Or, you can pur me on the line with your f*cking supervisor and we can work something out." She replied that it wasn't necessary for me to resort to such language and I replied that apparently it was in order to get her attention. She said she would have her supervisor call me. I have not received a return call so far today.

Actually what I'll probably do is try to find another couple of big gigs for my rides and take the 90 pay off option, but I wasn't going to tell that to that snotty bitch. There goes all the money I was going to try and save to reinvest in my business.

And let me just say that yes I undertand the value of insurance and would have it if I could currently afford it. It's on my list of priorities and I hope to take care of it soon.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 09:24 am
No need to explain about the insurance, Bear, I've been there. The 90 day payoff sounds better, but to me 50% of incredibly inflated is still incredibly inflated. What could possibly justify that kind of expense when most of that 2 hours was probably spent waiting in the lobby? Let me guess, they gave you $5000 worth of pain medication?

Ah well, good luck with it all.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 09:29 am
3000 of it was for the cat scan and then a separate 700 bill from the people who READ the cat scan.

I guess I didn't mention that the 6500 does not include the separate DR. bills... they amount to another 1000. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 09:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
3000 of it was for the cat scan and then a separate 700 bill from the people who READ the cat scan.

I guess I didn't mention that the 6500 does not include the separate DR. bills... they amount to another 1000. Evil or Very Mad

Well, Bear, take a look on the Health Insurance System thread and tell me if it wouldn't be better to go to the emergency room in France or Germany...

Fifteen years ago, I went throught the same ordeal as you.

And I paid zilch..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When Bear Went To The Emergency Room
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 03:22:49