China posting my dies online for sale

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 10:41 am
Is it illegal for a factory in China to post the dies I paid for on their website for sale?
Dies made for doing medallions and lapel pins.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,142 • Replies: 9
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 10:47 am
It's probably illegal in China. Maybe you should call the Chinese police.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:10 am
I'm not an expert in the ethics of international trade, but it seems to me that if the Chinese company bought the product, then they can keep the product or sell the produce.
0 Replies

agnesCN

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 11:08 pm
Re: China posting my dies online for sale
tomasbaby wrote:
Is it illegal for a factory in China to post the dies I paid for on their website for sale?
Dies made for doing medallions and lapel pins.

Hi tomasbaby,
what the dies means?is it die casting moulds or anything sold need to be patented?
if some of my compatriots do lt like this,i believe Our Chinese police and embassy could help you.

thanks
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 11:12 pm
Not an expert, but I know a lot of people who are making others' products in China to avoid patents, or vise-versa.

China is very grey about patent law. A large part of the automotive market is being "knocked off" over there...
0 Replies

glasglow

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 09:49 am
Technically it's not legal if you own the rights of the design of the die. Are they using it for an example of what they have made to make a different die or are they directly selling the same die? Also do you have a formal contract with the company stating they won't reproduce your die?

Questions like are most important to ask yourself if you intend on making this a legal matter, especially in China.

And if let's say, you are getting a good feeling from the questions above, does it really matter? Do you have, or are you willing to spend the capital required for you to formally request them to remove the offer from their site?

And just one more.. Chinese people are people too, have you asked them not to sell it on their site because it was your design? : )
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 11:00 am
glasgow, why are you reviving 6 month old threads?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 11:34 am
But glasglow is making a sensible answer - unlike one member who comes to mind.
0 Replies

glasglow

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 07:58 am
contrex wrote:
glasgow, why are you reviving 6 month old threads?

I'm sorry I didn't realize it was 6 months old.. it was on the first page in the "Business & Marketing" section.. I didn't even look at the date.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 10:50 am
Glasglow--

Welcome to A2K.

Not to worry--good advice is always valid.
0 Replies