I've been around for a while

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:24 pm
but I can't remember the first topics and threads that I read and answered to. Of course, if I wanted to, I'd go waaaaay back and look, but that's not what I'm thinkin' about. I'm thinking, what, you know, got me hooked on a2k? What kept me here?
Yeah, been here a while, been gone a while, trying to keep up with aspiring gurus, and gurus in training ( how the heck do you amass a gazillion posts-- get a job!(jes kiddin')).
Been to gatherings, nothin' better than that! Made really good friends, HI rogermistiraelettypheonixdysdianepanzade! lotsa people that me and the missus met on our trips to the U.S. Sometimes I think we made one or two trips too few-- missed out on the BIG Chicago-gathering, and a lot of Bastihn-meetings. sheeeeesh...

Soooo, what got you really hooked here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 758 • Replies: 16

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:37 pm
Hi, big D.

What got me hooked? people with brains just talking. That is addictive for me, whatever the conversational failures.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:47 pm
Yeah, that's one of the things, I guess…
I looked into the "5Yrs Of A2K"-thread the other day, and just realized how much time we've spent together and how much we've learned from each other. Sounds corny, but, you know, that's how I feel.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:55 pm
hooked???

whos hooked?
Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:56 pm
I guess we all have our reasons.

Me, I like to see brains flashing, not always from expected sources, and emotions flashing, not always from expected sources. Which is to say, I like the humanity of this place.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 07:59 pm
Re: I've been around for a while
bigdice67 wrote:

Soooo, what got you really hooked here?

Me? Probably being friends with Craven.....I'd likely just have drifted out of online communities completely as Abuzz died if not for that.

I would have probably assumed that A2k was going to be like the Raven's Realm, which never appealed to me at all, and quite a number of my favourite people at Abuzz never came here at all, or only posted a couple of times.

But, the early days here were just so much fun!

Enthusiasm dies, and I am generally here way less than at the start....but I still check here most days, and occasionally get really involved again.

It's the people.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 08:01 pm
Stefan wears a Stetson.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 08:04 pm
I guess you girls are right. I was here a lot, the first couple of years, and then with the bush/kerry elections it got outta hand for me, too much left/right/reps/dems-bashing made me take a looong break. Trying to get back though Very Happy
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 08:05 pm
I told you not to tell!
I wear it with pride.
Still.
Dys wears one too!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 08:20 pm
I've been here a long time and seen swaths of folks do dumps on the rest of us, including from some long timers.

Pricks of whatever gender or views.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 09:22 pm
But it's still the longtimers that keep this construct up, ain't it?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 04:41 am
Saw Panzades post on FB today, and realized I still miss A2K. Been hanging out at Reddit for too long!

Sooo, how are y’all doing nowadays?
jespah

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 04:48 am
@bigdice67,
Heyyyyy
bigdice67

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 05:10 am
@jespah,
Hey there! Long time no see, on here at least!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 05:44 am
It has been my home here too long to give it up. (I'm retired. Got time to burn.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 05:50 am
On facebook I started a private group called NotAble2Know. I mentioned farmerman on there and Dadpad said to pass a greeting along to him. So if farmerman reads this, Dadpad says, "Hey."
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2022 01:27 pm
@bigdice67,
Great! I was thinking of you and urs just the other day.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I've been around for a while
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:21:58