22,844 new posts - Busy, busy, busy......

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 01:43 am
Remember me? Well you will probably have forgotten me by the time I've been through all these damn posts (though I reckon half of them are dlowan trying to keep CI out of the top poster slot!).

I have been out battling the demons of unemployment, mortgage, the drink (it won), three kids, winter, a backed-up sewer line, depression, an overfull garage, random gardening, bad food, no sex, the total breakdown of video player, television and computer (mix that in with three kids!), and the urge to lie in bed all day till they come for me. You might guess that the last couple of months have been a bit of a trial.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,531 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 01:48 am
Y'know if I wasnt 42 years old and a burn-out with a possible drinking problem this could be considered somewhat dispiriting. I am struggling to find the things that suck the most, and not being able to log on here is one of them.

Good to see you all again.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 02:15 am
Well, geez, man! All that would drive anyone to drink. Stick around - you haven't been forgotten, and this crowd could talk a duck out of swimming.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 03:56 am
Mr. S

Sounds like you've had more than your fair share of **** come your way -- and that's the way life treats us at times.

But you don't seem to be wallowing in it -- which is "good sign" #1. So maybe things will reverse themselves -- and maybe they already have, since you are back battling wits with us.

Good luck!

Ain't no way to win this particular race except by just winning it.

Like I said -- Good luck!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 04:00 am
Good to see you again Mr. S. I would say that all of that would drive one to drink, but then again, most of us North Americans think that all Aussies consider beer a breakfast food, and coffee the work of the devil. Looking forward to your witty posting again! Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 04:19 am
Placid,

It sounds like you have been having a rough time. I hope things turn up and it's always good to have you around. Hold your head, things may get worse more slowly. ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 04:20 am
I was wondering what had happened to you, Mr Stillwater.
And I'm sorry that your life has been such a trial of late.
All the very best with getting back on track!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 05:29 am
Damn fine to see you back Pondy! I was wondering where you had been - I am sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time.

Are things looking up a little bit? If not, I hope you can play round here and forget about it a little bit.

We have missed you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 08:20 pm
Mr. Stillwater, you are one of my most favorite a2k people, I have missed you.

Please visit, given the damn computer, even when you are down, if it isn't.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 08:56 pm
Sounds more like swirling waters than still water. Must be part of the upside-down thing.

We'll be watching for ya. Since yer puter's been givin' ya fits, we'll take it easy on your 'lectricity load, and just put a candle in the window overnight.

http://rims.k12.ca.us/ugr/urg_2001/day2_01/images/paxton3.jpg
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 09:36 pm
there is a light at the end of the tunnel you know, i swear it. you might not be able to find the tunnel or recognise it when you do. it might be faint and dim, almost non-existant at first and it comes and goes. but it's there.
forget the overfull garage, broken vcr, tv, gardening and sex for awhile. not priorities now. you and your kids are. they can live without the extras for awile.
stay in bed and rest a few days, try to eat and the demons will hopefuly retreat into the shadows.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 09:43 pm
Hang in the Mr Stillwater. My thoughts are with you ;-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 09:45 pm
Hey, Stilly - we've missed you!

There's been a bit of an outbreak of sanity around here - despite dlowan's heroic efforts. Quite un-nerving it is, too!

Get back here pronto.
Razz
And why don't they piss off this bloody winter weather - I'm awful sick of the cold! Those telling us about the heatwave in Europe are obscene posters!

AND even more important - you missed a chance to take the mickey - on the dlowan birthday thread!
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10269
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 10:01 pm
Yeah Mr. S, it only gets as black as midnight! Or, as the Irish say, "however long the road there comes a turnin' ............. so what have you been up to? Ha ha!!!

Believe me, you will look back at this someday, and laugh your bloody head off!!

What is everyone talking about the winter for? It's in the high 90's here and your posts are reminding everyone that winter is around the corner, our kiddies go back to school tomorrow, and the earth is recycling and redistributing her energies. We've had more rain in Florida this year than we've had in a looooooooooooooong time! AFternoon thunderstorms, they are so refreshing!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 10:19 pm
Outbreak of sanity, Margo? Can you support that contention with a link?

Oops! There I go again.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 11:23 pm
mr. s, great to see you again.

like you i'm 42, feeling burnt out and occasionally go on drinking sprees. if you think thinks can't get any worse, they will. things will eventually get better as well. hang in there and take it day by day.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:07 pm
Many, many thanks to all of you for your thoughts and posts. I'll keep on saying it, this is the best place on the web (at least for me!). Don't think I haven't been thinking of youse all when its been bad, whenever the topic of rabbits is raised my thoughts are ALWAYS on A2K!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:15 pm
ahhhhhh, the swirling seasoned member from downunder!

dizzy yet? good to see you again. Very Happy
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:21 pm
likeC RAZY man!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 10:25 pm
Ok beth, you win!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 22,844 new posts - Busy, busy, busy......
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:58:40