Caveat emptor on social networking

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 04:51 pm
Quechup is rotten. Unlike a more legit site, like LinkedIn, which asks you to do your own inviting, Quechup just goes ahead and spams your entire address book with invitations.

A word to the wise: ask the sender (because the invitations are geared to appear as being from the unsuspecting member of Quechup and not from Quechup.com itself) if he or she intended to invite you. They may not even know this is happening.

Clicker beware.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 488 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:34 pm
Oh!

I got one of those from you and didn't do anything about it because a) I was busy and b) it didn't seem like you.

Evil spammers!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 05:41 pm
Thank you, Jes.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:04 pm
I got an invite from you as well Jes! My email system managed to delete the body of the message though so I couldn't tell what I had been invited to! Razz
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:17 pm
I got the message, but hadn't the slightest clue who it was from, so I used the Reply button and asked
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 03:46 am
Embarrassed

It wrote to everyone and I mean everyone in my address book, which included my job recommendations, people I hadn't written to in years and, yes, the addresses of timber and Joanne Dorel.

I hope that, if haunting is possible and timber and JD have some free time, that they can haunt the Quechup offices. Evil, evil, evil and my apologies to everyone for that fershtingkingeh mess.
0 Replies