It's English... But I don't "Get It."

Francis

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 04:57 am
Roberta wrote:
Huh?

Roberta,

The implied connotations in RP discourse is that all giberish talk is intended to demonstrate that all other posters gibberish talk is gibberish unless you understand what the poster had in mind no matter what he says, as long as you are in the same political line as himself...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:20 am
Region Philbis wrote:
the crux of this matter involves inducing and reducing the agreed-upon irregularities in such a way as to abolish (or at least communicate as such) the theories put forth.

to do this would be a common mistake.

for all things -- meaningless or otherwise -- taken into account as gospel, unless of course one factors in the political and socio-economic implications.

everyone knows this to be undeniable...

reminds me of Timber, rp.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:32 pm
Francis wrote:
The implied connotations in RP discourse is that all giberish talk is intended to demonstrate that all other posters gibberish talk is gibberish unless you understand what the poster had in mind no matter what he says, as long as you are in the same political line as himself...

your fine gibberations are duly noted and logged...

J_B wrote:
reminds me of Timber, rp.

thanx, that's the highest form of compliment Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:03 pm
Wow squinny, I thought it was just me that felt that way.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:08 pm
the entries would make a good script for a revival of the GOON SHOW Laughing
peter sellers would have been delighted with them .
hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 08:21 pm
Cypher, I've a friend who was a prof at your place, apropo of this conversation. Would that I could get you two to meet, Not that you'd agree on everything, but, for the conversation.

Ah, well.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:24 am
Oh, really, Osso? That's neat! I suppose it's not too likely that it's anyone I've run across though, I hardly know any of the profs here... the art dept. is the only area where I've met a good many of the teachers.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:48 am
Cubs Honors English teacher called today to let me know he is having a difficult time "motivating" Cub. When asked a question in class, Cub usually says "I don't know." Also having trouble completing assignments. At the end of the conversation I say I will talk to him, may need to conference with other teachers, thank you for letting me know.

Cub arises and I inquire. Turns out he can't understand a word the teacher is saying. "He mumbles, talks too fast and when I do hear him, I still can't hear him, if you know what I mean. I say I don't know because I don't have any idea what the last ten words of his sentence were."

Funny thing was that I had a very hard time myself. I had to listen very closely, still missed some parts, but put it off as being the fault of the cell phone. I was finding myself frustrated after five minutes of straining to hear and understand. Cubs class is an hour and a half long.

Then, of course, there was also the fact that the conversation, if that is what we had, kept sending my mind to this thread. Very Happy

(Did you catch that this is his "English" teacher?)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 03:23:24