What did you do this summer? 500 Words, please.

margo

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 09:00 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Hingehead needs to write us an essay on "The Unbearability of Crowds".

And teacher does not understand how living in apartments would be better than hotels and B&Bs. (Don't you have to schlep your own food, cook it and clean up after? Don't you have to do your own laundry? Might as well be at home with the cats. No?

Joe(Stop daydreaming the rest of you and start essaying)Nation

Having an apartment gives you just that bit more freedom. You can get a decent cup of tea - otherwise just about impossible in Italy. Breakfast - not restricted to those odd bready things otherwise available. And you don't have to get dressed to have breakfast.

Yes - you do your own washing - but this is a plus, rather than a minus. No wondering where the hell the laundromat is.

We ate out often, but had the freedom to stay at home, sit around in a living area - not a bedroom. It suited us perfectly - although it may not suit others.

Our 3 apartments were roughly the same cost as 3-star hotel rooms and more spacious. Our apartment overlooking Lake Como was just magic. We did spend a lot of time there because it was so lovely, and, at the start of our holiday, we wanted rest time - and, as it was my birthday that week, I got to choose where we stayed then. The other apartments didn't have such spectacular views, so we were out and about a bit more and behaved more like tourists.

Hinge - we were there April May - and that time was ideal. I'll send you a PM. (no - not JHoward, Esq.!)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 09:12 pm
mushypancakes wrote:
Ahem. *clearing throat*

Or perhaps we can play girls vers boys baseball ?

mushy (stalling for time and a last chance to see the A2K boys in gym shorts sweaty in the sun) pancakes

girls vs boys is soooooo like retarded and sexist!

I vote for skins vs shirts.

Dad(It hasnt been summer here so i don't have to do the assignment)Pad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 09:56 pm
What is he talking about?

Early April, from my pov.

(more, more, margo)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 09:58 pm
oh, wait, differing conversations.

Margo, margo, please tell us more. Comments on places.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:01 pm
Oh, oopsie daisy, apologies to JoeNation.

Oh, gad, I suppose I'll have to work up my 500 words.

Do you have a clue how long Margo has NOT told us about her trip???
Eh?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 02:37 am
Thank you osso. I was just about to clap these erasers and urge Margo to dish some more details. (This assignment is about details.) To say "Our apartment overlooking Lake Como was just magic." is just not sufficient, is it, class? No.

What were the three best moments of your adventure?

Joe(besides falling asleep from exhaustion after arriving from the airport.)Nation
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 08:58 am
Paint us a picture, take us there on the magic carpet of our imagination.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:29:28