www.google.com error

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 03:14 am
Hi, i live in Australia and i cannot access www.google.com

If i type "www.google.com" into the address bar in either firefox or IE, an error permantently comes up saying "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com"

The only way i can access google is to type in www.google.com.au

Is there anything i can do so i can normally type in "www.google.com" and let google automatically re-direct me to ".au" becuase this error doesn't allow me to access google adsense as it needs to be "google.com".

Cheers.

p.s. about a month ago, i could normally access google by typing www.google.com but now i cannot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 689 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 03:28 am
2 things. One, if you go to Google and select Advanced Search or Preferences and follow instructions. You may have to do this every time but it's an option.

Two, problems with Google (because pretty much no one else has problems with it) tend to signal spyware or some other problems online. Try scanning for same, a system clean is never a bad idea and even if it does not fix this particular issue, it can't hurt.
0 Replies

knicky91

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 04:08 am
but my biggest problem is that i cannot get access to adsense.
There has to be something that can solve this problem? right?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 01:26 pm
Interesting question, and I for one did not know they had different sites/pages for each country.
It is doing what a lot of sites are doing; by reading your ISP number it knows which country you are from and can target adverts better.

A workaround I have found is in your case; Google search on 'google usa' - this will bring up a link to Google.com - click and you are there.

You can then save as; home page or under favorites.
0 Replies