Thanks to the Lady Diane in BBB's time of need

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:01 am
Last Friday afternoon, I received a call from my son's wife that he had been badly injured on the job. I called my friends Diane and Dyslexia and Diane was at my house in ten minutes to drive me to the hospital. I was scared and shaking so bad by the time we reached the hospital I could hardly walk.

My son, a project manager for a large landscape-construction company, was finishing up a tree removal. The equipment that was lifting the 400+ pound tree broke and the tree fell on my son's head. His hard hat saved his life but didn't prevent serious head and spine injuries.

Diane waited with us at the hospital until the tests showed that there were no breaks in his spine, no paralysis as he could move his legs and arms. Bad concussion.

Diane then drove me home to rejoin her house quests, Blatham and Lola, who had been visiting for three days. Osso and I had dinner with them Wednesday at Dys and Diane's house and had a great time.

My son is now home, hurting like hell, but alive and improving.

THANK YOU GOOD FRIEND DIANE. DAMN TREE!

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,040 • Replies: 31
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:03 am
A tree fell on his HEAD?!

Whoa.

I'm so glad that he's going to be able to recover.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:40 am
Sozobe
sozobe wrote:
A tree fell on his HEAD?!
Whoa.
I'm so glad that he's going to be able to recover.

Thanks, Soz. The doctor said my son was very lucky he was wearing his hard hat. He would not let my son have any water to drink because he was sure my son had at least two breaks, one in his neck and one in his lower back and that they would be operating on his spine.

My son survived again.

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
wow.
Its not often one has a tree fall on thier head.
Even less often that someone would survive it.

Im glad to hear that he is ok. In pain, but ok.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:52 am
Man! Glad that worked out as well as it did. Does your son have nine lives, BBB?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:55 am
Glad to hear he's ok. Don't think he could have walked away any less injured than that from a tree falling on his head.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:55 am
So glad he is home and improving, BBB!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:05 am
Freeduck
FreeDuck wrote:
Man! Glad that worked out as well as it did. Does your son have nine lives, BBB?

In the 1980's my son was driving a bulldozer across a steep hillside. The dozer tipped over and rolled on top of my son. What saved his life was the dirt being soft from the work being done and the dozer pushed him into the soft dirt instead of crushing him. Badly bruised but my son survived.

There had been a series of dozer roll-overs in California at that time. OSHA then required dozers not follow hill lines, but instead drive from bottom to top to avoid roll overs.

So my son still has at least seven lives left.

If 2007 was a fish, I'd throw it back. There has been a series of accidents, illness and death among members of my family. It feels like there are a targets on our backs. I hope this is the last of these events.

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:54 am
I never liked Diane and now I like her even less.

I would comment that she was a great friend to you in your time of need, but it is nothing less than I would have known she would do for you. That's why she is known as the Lady.

I dreaded hearing the ending. Superbly relieved, as I know you are, that it ended well and I wish upon you a good ending to 2007.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:54 am
BBB--

You've been a very lucky woman--in spite of the battering of fate.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:20 pm
Noddy
Noddy24 wrote:
BBB--
You've been a very lucky woman--in spite of the battering of fate.
Hold your dominion.

You are right about that. My son and daughter-in-law moved from California to Albuquerque last year. Now my grandson, his wife and my five and two year old great grandsons have also moved to Albquerque.

When I moved to Albuquerque, I never dreamed my family would follow me here. I got to see my great grandsons for the first time.

BBB
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:25 pm
BBB- I am so glad that things turned out as well as it did. I agree. Diane and Dys are pretty great people!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 02:16 pm
Whew! Very scary for all of you. Glad to hear it's going to turn out well.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 02:33 pm
Glad your son is mending now, BBB. And as for Dys, he can now eat all the cheese in the world, and I promise I won't tease him about it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:59 pm
Oh boy.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 05:08 pm
Glad there was a happy ending to that tale, BBB.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 07:51 pm
Talked with my brother this afternoon. He's still doing remarkably well considering. He now has a constant horrible headache that he describes as a burning sensation starting at the base of his skull and proceeding up to the top of his head like a mohawk hair cut. I told him it sounded like he might have had a pinched nerve in his neck and that his brain might turn all those pretty black and blue and yellow bruise colors. He can't decide if the back spasms are easing up a bit or if the headache is just distracting him from noticing them as much.

He's been referred to one of the few physiologists in the area that specialize in neck and spine injuries to confirm he has no fractures and to help his body recover from the massive compression.

He said he had no warning and didn't see the tree falling. We agreed that that is probably what saved him from further injury. He didn't have time to tense up so his body was completely relaxed when the tree hit.

I've been trying to get his wife to measure him to see if my little brother is still taller than me. He sounds good, still a smart ass with a great sense of humor. He said it only hurts worse when he laughs, so like any good sister would, we cracked a lot of hard-headed shorty jokes with each other to help him feel better.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
Good grief, BBB!

I hope it all turns around well.

A tree >scratches head in disbelief<
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:29 pm
Holy jumpin!!! I'm so glad that he's going to be ok and that Lady Diane was there to help.

You're right BBB, Lady Diane is one awesome lady :-D
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:11 pm
Let's see.
Son survives roll-over in a bulldozer.
Son & family move to your town.
Tree falls on son's head, he survives with only a concussion.
You get bad news, good friend appears within minutes.
Friends treat you to a dinner party with A2K friends.
Son is released from hospital after short stay.

Wow. That is some run of good luck! I'm going over to kickycan's thread right now and tell him he needs to move to Albuquerque! Laughing

Seriously, I'm so sorry that you and your son and family had to go through all this, BBB. I am so happy that it has turned out so well!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thanks to the Lady Diane in BBB's time of need
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 03:27:17