Someone asks if you like their wretched new hairdo. You say:

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:09 pm
Diatribe? Isn't a diatribe negative? Did the women hate it too?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:10 pm
Men ALWAYS hate it when you change your hair - if they notice.

I have NEVER had a boyfriend look anything but plaintive and "when will it grow back?" about a new hair do.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:17 pm
Nah, the diatribes were not always negative but they were always diatribes and often involved long debates (between each other, I'd off and buy a drink) about whether I should keep it sort or long.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:38 pm
well, they CARED! heehee....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:46 pm
Yeah, but when I had barnyard experiences to recount the guys "cared" and the wimmin didn't.

Just a matter of interest.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:49 pm
Barnyard? Yeeeecccccch!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:49 pm
You're a hard man to care for.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:50 pm
...she muttered darkly....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:54 pm
Why are you wearing your dog on your head?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 03:56 pm
New hair style? Hey, it makes you look like a wet dog.

I've only said this once. Don't ask.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 04:01 pm
When? Why? Where? To whom?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 09:37 pm
"You got a haircut. Nice. Any issue behind it I should know about before I go for lunch?" -mins
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 10:05 pm
What about when it is a new car? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm??????
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 10:19 pm
Oy vey.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 11:11 pm
"Omigod, what happened to your hair? What did they do to you? Well it looks ... it looks like ... (stopping to evaluate their feelings) ... It looks a LOT different! You sure did get a haircut."

Maybe I should be a little more style-conscious myself, contrive some image and audition for the human race (yet again). But with a long ponytail I don't bother hiring anybody, just snip it every couple months while I'm at my desk. It takes about three seconds and then I walk around and ask people if they notice anything different. If they don't, I act very offended and tell them they never notice anything!

It works every time. I don't know what it does, but it works whatever it is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 11:18 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 06:03 pm
I'm on the Sugar-ish side on this. I tell the truth, it prevents people from asking for the most part. I'm not going to comment unless someone asks, because I'm unlikely to notice. Setanta had his 'what are those mini ponytails called?' thingie cut off at the barber's last week. I arrived in time to see the barber take a straight razor around the back of his neck. Did I notice the tail-thingie was gone? Nope. It took mrs. hamburger to notice. <<sigh>> I'm very bad.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 07:26 am
bad, bad bad bad Bethie - I am bad at noticing the beard/no beard thing on men - unless we are on kissing terms - or unless they have had the thing so long that I have never seen them without it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 07:32 am
years ago, I got contact lenses - and a perm in my longish hair - almost at the same time.

I was in uni at the time - and I was chatting to a group of people by the library, when my beloved (at the time) joined us. He chatted with others for a minute or so, then left - all without acknowledging my presence - I was sort of flabbergasted and not sure how to react, when he turned back in a stunned way, gazing fixedly at my skirt, which, as he pointed out moments later, was the thing he realized meant the new woman in the group was actually ME!

Well, at least he noticed the new hair (which he came to like a lot in a week or so, once used to the shock) and the new eyes!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 07:41 am
"Is that topiary, or just a trim?"
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 02:36:58