Big Papi plays ball

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:00 am
Stormwatch wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:
Stormwatch wrote:
Just shaking his hand was sooooo cooool!

i just hope he didn't spit in his hand before you shook it...

Laughing Laughing I thought of that too. I made sure he didn't have his batting gloves on before I shook it.

Good question though....would you or would you not shake Big Papi's gloved hand? Shocked

that's a toughie...

i think i would.
then i would find the nearest sink...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:40 am
jespah wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ortiz#Charity_and_Community_causes

plus he's a Packers fan, which should excite the Cheesehead contingent.

Well his wife is from Wisconsin so he had to give a little.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:44 am
Stormwatch wrote:
My family and I are also huge Red Sox fans. There aren't many of us in New England that aren't. Actually as I watch the away games I seem to hear more and more fans from across the country getting the "let's go Red Sox" chant going! And where there are Red Sox fans there are Big Papi fans Very Happy

We had our picture taken with Big Papi last year at Fenway. Just shaking his hand was sooooo cooool! He's one big guy!!!

Linkat, my son would be so jealous of your daughter having a batting clinic with Papi. What the hell....I'M jealous of your daughter... Laughing Laughing . What a great experience for her.

My goodness - when Papi went to her group she just stood beside him the entire time staring at him in awe (except of course when it was her turn to bat). She wore an "I love Papi" shirt and he said to her - dude love the shirt. I was there and got to watch it all.

And of course the money all went to charity.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:45 am
Stormwatch wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:
Stormwatch wrote:
Just shaking his hand was sooooo cooool!

i just hope he didn't spit in his hand before you shook it...

Laughing Laughing I thought of that too. I made sure he didn't have his batting gloves on before I shook it.

Good question though....would you or would you not shake Big Papi's gloved hand? Shocked

I would!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:23 pm
It's been so long since I've been a baseball fan (Go Twins! Wave that Homer Hankie!) that this uniform seems ridiculous to me:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/David_Ortiz.jpg/326px-David_Ortiz.jpg

Isn't the point of all those "Sox" teams that you're supposed to SEE the socks?! What's with the full-length pants?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:39 pm
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/franoas11007260525.hmedium.jpg

varitek favors the old-timey look...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 03:20 pm
That's more like it.

I remember suspenders, though, or something between the bottom of the pants and the shoes. I looked up some old Twins pics and seems like the sox-showing was already pretty scanty (maybe 6 inches) in 1987. But the pants weren't down to the GROUND like that.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 03:25 pm
Maybe he has lumpy calves and doesn't want to expose them. :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:28:58