Memories

Letty

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 03:12 pm
Well, I've only flown in an airplane once and I wasn't the pilot, so it must have been some other person.

Eva's observation is interesting. Never thought about a full brain and death.

Piaget has a theory about the brain, but I never quite understood it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 09:21 pm
If Piaget said it I should know it, but I don't. He isn't the one who equated it to a filing cabinet?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:21 am
Littlek, it had to do with assimilation and accommodation in the cognitive development of a child's brain. Perhaps that could be the "filing cabinet" to which you refer; however, if I "remember" correctly, his only subjects of study were his own children.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
How about the concept that new knowledge is best retained when the learner is able to connect it to previous knowledge? So, as a teacher, one should enact previous knowledge before introducing further understanding on the subject.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:48 am
Littlek, it is my understanding that you are planning to be an elementary teacher. To me, that is one of the hardest levels of teaching and one of the most important. Don't be too concerned with what psychologists have to say. If you truly care for young people, and want to help them learn, you will find a way based on what you have learned and how you learned it. One person that I have come to admire more and more is Alfred Binet. He was the first to recognize the ability of any given child by observing the nature of his mistakes. I sense that you will be good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:50 am
Thank you, Letty!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Memories
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:02:38