Look Out, Brooklyn!!!

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 09:51 pm
Good evening, everyone. This is Stray Cat, once again, for CNN News.

It seems a tornado touched down in Brooklyn and Staten Island, New York, last Wednesday. This was the first tornado in Brooklyn since 1889.

Here is a typical reaction from Brooklyn residents:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/628/brooklynkl6.jpg

Yo! I ain't scared.......youse wanna mess with me tornado?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 583 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 11:18 pm
For real? That's the last place I would expect one. I lived in Tulsa 9 years and didn't see a single one of them, though, and saw one in Denver after only a few years.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 11:48 pm
Yup, Roger, the Big Apple had a twister last week.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 03:54 am
Will the next thing to hit NYCity be an earthquake...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:32 pm
It did some damage to some homes. I don't believe there was anyone hurt. No one is really shaken up about it, I believe, since it will be a long time before another one hits. Brooklyn usually has milder weather than the other four boroughs.

More people are concerned about terrorism in NYC, I believe, than a twister in Brooklyn. For that reason, many New Yorkers will vote for Giuliani, if he gets the Republican nomination. However, the inner-city folk might not give him a big vote, since while he was Mayor, he wasn't so popular in the inner-city.

He might be a Republican, but I believe he's socially liberal (aka progressive), and his discipline to hard work, I believe, reflects his Parochial school education.

This 2008 race will be interesting, regardless. Did I get off of the topic of a twister in Brooklyn? How obtrusive of me!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Look Out, Brooklyn!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:24:30