$5.00

Linkat

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 08:25 am
Funny you had this thread - being short on cash with our business and stuff, I've been trying to find cheap fun things to do with the kids on the weekend. Two weeks ago, we went to Blue Hills and hiked up to the top. We brought a back pack with frozen juice, and lots of snacks. Beautiful view at the top and the kids thought is was great that they could "climb" all the way to the top (was only a half mile hike up and another half mile down). They also have a weather observatory which cost a couple of bucks each - the youngest girl was free. So we learned some cool stuff, saw some great old weather measurements and had an incredible view.

This past weekend, we went to Castle Island in South Boston - free parking, free tour of an old fort, watched some fishing, played at the playground and even walked into the water at the little beach (although I don't recommend dunking under - never am 100% comfortable with the quality of harbor water). We brought snacks again, however, we did stop off at the snack bar. Only $1.45 for a hot dog and $1.75 for cheeseburger.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:14 pm
I could:

Buy a six-pack of Old Style for $3.00

Call my lady-friend on the way to the store for $0.

Bum a cigarette on the way back for $0.

Download Jailhouse Rock and Don't Be Cruel for $2.00.

Then crack a beer, light a smoke, and do some toe-tapping until she shows up to dance.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:27 pm
That's a poem!

(And she's now a lady-friend? That's girl #1, right?)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:34 pm
Now I'm hungry, you creeps.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:36 pm
Things are going very well with Girl #1. Who is a poet herself, by the way. I couldn't have made a better choice.

But it's only been a month. "Lady-friend," to me, has a less serious connotation than "girlfriend."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:38 pm
It's more serious than "friend" though.

Glad things are going well! I'm all in favor of literary types.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:40 pm
Oh, yeah, things are definitely going in the right direction.

Thanks for asking!
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 08:21 am
Re: $5.00
Quote:
What would you do with $5.00?

I'd take Montana out on a date! Laughing I'm a big spender!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » $5.00
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:29:00