Should I become a Pot Head?

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 07:36 am
I am a little too old but lately life is boring. Would pot spice up my life? My marriage?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,495 • Replies: 71
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 07:42 am
No. It would turn you into a shambling idiot. I gave up pot 6 months ago after smoking it since 1968, and I am very glad I did.

If you need drugs to tolerate your spouse, get a new one. Likewise your life.
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 07:48 am
What was the turning point that made you give it up? Since 1968?! that's alot of weed
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 08:33 am
yes
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 08:39 am
plantress wrote:
What was the turning point that made you give it up? Since 1968?! that's alot of weed

Well, it wasn't any one single thing. I had felt for some time that it just didn't work like it used to. I couldn't decide if dope nowadays is weaker than it was in the 1960s, or whether I had just become completely acclimatized to it. In either case it seemed like a waste of money. Also, I became interested in a safety related rail transportation job where drugs tests are mandatory. I decided to give it up as a New Year's resolution. I have been clean for 7 months now, and I never even think about smoking pot again. I sleep better, my partner says I am a more interesting person, I feel much less sluggish mentally. I wish I had done it 20 years ago, but I daresay it was an event whose time had to come.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 08:42 am
Re: Should I become a Pot Head?
plantress wrote:
I am a little too old but lately life is boring. Would pot spice up my life? My marriage?

What if the cops catch you? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 08:44 am
contrex wrote:
No. It would turn you into a shambling idiot. I gave up pot 6 months ago after smoking it since 1968, and I am very glad I did.

If you need drugs to tolerate your spouse, get a new one. Likewise your life.

Are you now working for the RailRoad ?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 08:59 am
The best times to smoke for me, are like weekdays when i get home from work and i cant really do **** cuz i work graves, so i just blaze read draw etc.. when there is really nothing to do at all.

But when it comes to my weekends when i will want to be active and doing things i dont smoke.

FYI sex while stoned is off the hook, its WAY more intense.

pros: it makes boring things fun, pleasure more intense, and makes you think about things in a different perspective and or more philisophically
if you have sleep problems it can help. No real "hangover", supposedly it is said to lower chances for cancer, but dont take my word for this one i dont have any proof other than online articles and i trust them as far as i can throw them.And it just feels good and relaxing.

cons: laziness , energy drain, certain things start to seem boring, chance for addiction with people with weak minds, reduced lung capacity, memory loss in the short term (i dont experience this though, but i remember damn near everything) sometime you can get headaches,
it can be expensive if you smoke alot, raises chance for psychosis(supposedly, im not 100% on this)

As the old saying goes, everything in moderation and you will be fine, if you start chain smoking blunts for days you will most likely end up like one of the stereotypical tv potheads.

I am pretty sure all the sideffects of pot are 100% reversible but once again you would want to talk to a professional. the internet is not trustworthy!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 09:03 am
How old are you, dude?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 09:53 am
Miller wrote:
plantress wrote:

Make sure you have enough to share.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 10:48 am
plantress wrote:

It can spice things up a little. Provided you use it to make good times better, not to escape from bad times.

See if you can be active with it. To enhance a creative experience--and use that phrase as liberally as you like.

It's been years since I've bought a bag or anything, but I did enjoy those days, knowing I would eventually give up regular use.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 10:54 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
Miller wrote:
plantress wrote:

Make sure you have enough to share.

Laughing
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 11:55 am
You don't have to actually become a "pothead" but YES, you should definitely smoke a nice big joint and see what occurs.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 12:26 pm
Exactly! Those of us who like to take a few puffs every now and then are just normal everyday people just chillin.

I wouldn't expect it to spark things up in your life, though. Most use it to wind down or just something to do when you're bored out of your mind.
0 Replies

plantress

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 03:52 pm
well, when I was in high school you could still buy nickel bags of mexican...hint as to my age.

The thing is, I don't want to be able to feel my blood moving in my veins. I don't want to space out while listening to music only to realize that I missed half of the 10 minute off track guitar riff.

The sex sounds good. The cops sound bad. Bi P thanks for the straight answer!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 04:20 pm
plantress wrote:

when I was in high school you could still buy nickel bags of mexican.

Warning: Chances are good today's bag of mexican will have a dusting of Meth. Avoid it!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 06:50 pm
Avoid hydroponic.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 06:56 pm
Why avoid hydro?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 06:56 pm
And downtown brown.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 07:00 pm
I haven't seen brown in many many years. That stuff was nasty Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I become a Pot Head?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:30:59