Receiving emails from more than one ISP into OutlookExpress

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 04:04 am
I know there is a way for me to receive my emails from more than one email address into my Outlook Express BUT I have forgotten how to configure the settings. Can anyone help me please? I was trying Tools>Accounts>Mail>and then adding the details of the ISP pertaining to the email address, but when I did that, even though it was not my 'default' email provider, I was being prompted to connect to that server. So I figure I am doing it wrong and there has to be another way.
Thanks in advance. V.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,220 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Heliotrope

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 02:24 pm
Tools - Accounts - Add - Mail
Enter the name you want.
Click Next.
Enter the email address you want to receive mail from.
Click Next.
Enter the POP3 details. It'll be something like : pop.yourISPname.com
Enter the SMTP details. It'll be something like : auth.smtp.yourISPname.com
Click Next.
Enter the account name. This is usually the account's email address ie. the same as the one you entered above.
Enter the account's password.
Click Next.
Click Finish.

Now select the new account in the Accounts window and click on Properties.
Click on the Server tab.
Tick the box that says : My Server Requires Authentication.
Click the Settings button.
Make sure the option to Use The Same Settings As My Incomiong Mail Server is selected.
Click OK.
Click OK.
Click Close.

You're done.
Cool
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 10:17 pm
Thank you Heliotrope for your quick response, and I've just completed the steps you gave me. On the plus side, this time I didn't get a "dial up-log on" pop-up box, and on the down side, I am still unable to bring in emails from my other ISP:

"The host 'pop.xxxxxxx.xxx.xx' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.xxxxxxx.xxx.xx', Server: 'pop.xxxxxxx.xxx.xx', Protocol: POP3, Port:110, Secure (SSL): No, Socket error: 11004, error number: 0x8000CCC0D

Back in March of this year I stumbled onto how to do it, but for the life of me I can no longer remember exactly what I did. I have 2 ISPs. Long story there. One is a dial up that I use for my laptop, and the other is ADSL I have on my PC. I've got my laptop configured to receive emails from both my ADSL email address as well as emails from my dial up server. However, I'm only able to get emails in on my PC from the ADSL server, and it would be really handy to be able to get emails in from my dial up server as well. So there you have it.
As a last resort I'll just have to tell everyone to use my ADSL email address in future. Not such a big deal in the scheme of things I guess.
Always on a learning curve is me I guess. Thanks again. V.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 06:55 am
If you have your laptop configured correctly you should be able to either copy or export. (or just write the mail address down).

In your laptop
Open outlook express
tools
Accounts
select the mail tab
Here you will be able to see all active mail accounts
write down the mail address you want. something like
mail.(serviceprovider).com.

open outlook express on your PC
tools
accounts mail
ADD