Velvet Revolver/STP/Scott Weiland

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:23 pm
Any fans? Scott Weiland is a master of his craft. STP was only the beginning. And Slash and Duff aren't too bad either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwJhQnt34m0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapJSsILcvE&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s3lmr09oVg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,069 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Les Paul

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 12:16 pm
I am a huge Velvet Revolver fan.

But to say that it is Scott that delivers all of the quality to the band is just silly.

Stone Temple Pilots music never even barely reached the talented, intricate, and sometimes genius music of Guns and Roses.

Scott is a very lucky puppy to be playing with probably todays best guitarist (Slash).

Not to say that Scott isn't talented, because he is.

If the talent mainly comes from him then how come STP were rubbish and Velvet Revolver are not, you see how i've made it all clear to you now.

LOL
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 11:57 am
StP is/was far superior to VR. At least they had some street cred. VR can't hold an audience to the end of their shows, much less for the encores.
0 Replies

Les Paul

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 04:13 am
e7yr
STP were boring and Scott never interacted with the band or the music the way that he does with VR.

VR shows that I've been to were packed out and stayed that way until the end.

You must remember that their first tours had to pick up momentum.

Can't wait for the Libertad tour, the band are now seasoned and playing their own style, rather than trying to be STP rolled up with G n' R.

But your opinion is as valid as mine and as long as you draw enjoyment from what you like, that's cool with me.

Les Paul.
0 Replies

crispynoodles

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 03:59 am
eeek
i am i huge fan of both guns n roses and velevt revolver!

i saw them live at download and seriously they can hold and audience...it was sooo awesome!

i bet to see guns n roses live thought would be the bestest thing ever i gotsa say i wasnt even born when they formed! hehe!

slash = the sex!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 05:17 am
I liked Stone Temple Pilots more consistently than Guns and Roses or Velvet Revolver- maybe it's because I'm older than most people who listen to them, but I think they're a little more subtle and that appeals to me-although I think Velvet Revolver and Guns both definitely have and have had their moments as great bands as well.

I don't know why- I can't explain it- but I've always found Scott Weiland very attractive- not so much his outward physical appearance as much as his whole personaeven including the whole wasted heroin addict effect- he just has this lazy kind of confidence thing that I think blows Slash's more studied attempts at slinky sexiness out of the water.

Scott Weiland's movements remind me of Lou Reed's voice. There's something really interesting there.
0 Replies

crispynoodles

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 06:37 am
i don't know i have a thing about older bands, like they are so inspirational to more younger bands and when they spilt up and the band members go there separate ways and like form new bands they just get better and better because old mixes with new!

if anyone understood that then well done!

x
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 08:18 am
Les Paul wrote:
If the talent mainly comes from him then how come STP were rubbish and Velvet Revolver are not, you see how i've made it all clear to you now.

If you read album reviews, talk to people about music, ect., your statement here doesn't ring true. STP was a widely popular band that got great write-ups, and VR's albums have received mediocre reviews, with a lot of people flat-out calling them terrible.

That being said, I was never a huge STP fan, and think I like VR just as much, maybe more. Do like STP thought. Saw VR in concert this summer, not too far from the stage, and they kicked ass. Definitely kept the crowd into it. I still need to pick up the new VR cd.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 08:34 am
Pretty cool, a comic Slash is showing up on the right side of this thead in a banner ad for Guitar Hero (the video game).

Click to see it
0 Replies