Jodi Picoult Book?

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:41 am
I have had Jodi Picoult on my list of "must read" authors for a long time but haven't purchased or read one of her books yet. Each time I go to the book store I browse her titles and get a bit overwhelmed with how many she has written and then I can never choose one. I've heard great things and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations of a good one to start with?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 696 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 11:45 am
I read "My Sister's Keeper." I didn't know anything about Jodi Picoult and didn't have any particular expectations. It's supposed to be one of her better ones and other members of my book club liked it a lot. (I found it deeply irritating, but I'm not sure I would have liked any of her other books more.)
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:53 pm
That's the one Picoult book I've read too, and I had the same reaction to it that Sozobe did-- it struck me as very manipulative...I was told by several people that it was really good, too, but it certainly didn't make me want to run out and read more of her work.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:58 pm
Yes, I have heard of that one and like you, heard it's supposed to be very good. I also think that a reason I have not chosen one of her books yet is that it's not my normal style of book to read. But when so many people like them and read them I thought it would be good to give it a chance. It's great to hear other opinions which I have a feeling will be more similar to mine. Maybe I'll just keep her on the list for a little bit longer.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 01:42 pm
Jodi Picoult Book?
"Nineteen Minutes" is very good. And I thought she had written one called "The Far Side of the Ocean" but I can't find it listed anywhere, so I may be wrong on that. It was a really good story; try and find it. Or else I've got the wrong title. Or the wrong author. Whatever.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 02:33 pm
I've read about four or five of her books and I think once you've read one, you've read them all.

I read "Her Sisters Keeper" first and it was actually the only one I liked.

Because I liked it, that encouraged me to read more and I've read "Salem Falls", "Vanishing Acts", "The Pact". I wouldn't bother to read any more since I found those disappointing.
0 Replies