Thank You!!!

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:29 pm
Thank you to the person who took my freshly folded stack of T-shirts at work (that were all the SAME size) and yanked out the one second from the bottom, thus toppling the stack onto the floor!

Thank you to the weirdo that left an Evian bottle of warm and foamy pee in the men's fitting room at work!

Thank you to my inconsiderate neighbors who let their children stomp all over my amaryllis (they were a wedding present!) and then leave their popsicle wrappers behind in my garden!

Thank you to my home builder for using the cheapest POS coil in my air conditioner so that it breaks in the middle of a Texan summer and is going to cost me three thousand dollars to replace! (the house is only 2 years old!!)

Just a note to say thanks and how much I appreciate the consideration!

If you can't tell I am being totally sarcastic. Come on A2Kers! Tell them how much you care!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,822 • Replies: 30
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:36 pm
Thank you to the guy who took a left in front of me as I was coming DOWN the hill at 30 mph and then flipped me off for honking.

Thanks to the libraries of the Greater Boston Area for being closed on the weekends during the summer.

Thanks a bunch to HM#3 who didn't buy the water filter, balsamic vinegar or mop heads when he was supposed to.

And, thank you to the barista who burnt and over-drew my special treat this afternoon - it was soooo unsatisfying.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 11:29 am
Thank you to the Hydrated Individual who tosses an empty water bottle out near my mailbox most days.

Isn't it wonderful that s/he's regular in its habits?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 11:42 am
Thank you to all the women who pee all over the toilet seats in public restrooms, and leave it for the next person to clean it up.....I love wiping someone elses pee away.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 12:08 pm
Aldistar
Aldistar wrote: Thank you to my home builder for using the cheapest POS coil in my air conditioner so that it breaks in the middle of a Texan summer and is going to cost me three thousand dollars to replace! (the house is only 2 years old!!)

Are you the first owner of the house? Doesn't your house have a warrantee for several years on all mechanicals and structure? If it does, you should try to have the replacement costs covered by the warrantee.

BBB
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 12:35 pm
BBB-good advice.

While shooting a national hair ad in Chicago on Monday:

Thanks to the asshole photographer for being a BITCHDIVA and causing me, art director extraordinaire, to battle for control of the shoot throughout the entire day.

Thanks to the wardrobe stylist who pulls evening gowns and gold jewelry when the layout is clearly showcasing patent leather and SILVER jewelry. What is wrong with this queen??? Thank Goodness we had backup wardrobe.

Thanks to the whiny hairstylist who got me snapped at by my creative director. I was then forced to snap back. Not good when the CLIENT is on set.

Thanks to the photographer's assistant who's deoderant gave out at about 2:00. We were still shooting at 7. Shocked

Thanks to the model who's face started breaking out, delaying us until 7. (But once the makeup artist got her camera ready and she hit the set, girlfriend truly made up for it. Terrific model.)

And a special Thanks to my husband who, during latenight drinks after the shoot, verbally beat my creative director's husband down for watching Flava Flav's Flavor of Love. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 01:22 pm
Yes BBB we are the original homeowners, we actually had the house built. There was only a one year warranty on the house from the builder and while the AC has a longer warranty from the manufacturer this particular part is conveniently not covered.

We have gone in circles with the builder and the AC manufacturer and it boils down to we are pretty screwed.

We should have hired an independent inspector to go through the house before we closed, but the builder rushed things through so quickly that we just didn't do it.

We were first time home buyers excited and naive and in a rush to start living in our new home, so we are partly to blame.

The AC coil isn't the only thing that has gone wrong. We have cracks in some places of our sheet rock where beams are warping and settling and coming through the walls, there are a few outlets that blow their fuses anytime you plug something into them, there are globs of dried cement stuck to my garage door where they splashed it when re-pouring my drive way (because the first time they did it it cracked). My garbage disposal literally fell out of the bottom of the sink, luckily the manufacturer warranty covered that. The repairman said also that that particular piece was the cheapest POS disposal on the market.

All things (except the cement which I asked to be fixed on several occasions) didn't start to show up until after the one year warranty expired.

It's a 2 story home with 4 BR and 2 and a half baths roughly 2600 sf. The base was 120K after all the upgrades we added it came out to be 156K. Not an unreasonable price for the area we are in. We knew we weren't getting top notch everything, but we didn't realize we were getting complete crap either.

We are getting rid of the house. We know we won't be able to sell it for anything worth while, but lucky for us we have a clause in our agreements that we can deed the lease back to the mortgage company. We are just going to hand it back to them with a smile. It won't be the greatest thing on the credit report but I can get that fixed with proof that the house is a lemon. We've already looked all this up.

So once again THANK YOU Postwood Homes!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 01:29 pm
man.... there's just not enough time....
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 01:37 pm
Thank you to my job who got me all excited about going out of state to help with the grand opening of another store and then three days later pulled me and put 'suck up' on the list because they thought he might do a better job.

Better job? He who can't make a decision to save his own life? Whatever.

Then job comes back to me today saying that all the reservations were made in my name so would I consider going anyway because it would cost the store a lot of money to transfer all the tickets over to 'suck ups' name.

Wait, what?

I was pulled because I wasn't 'good enough' but now that it is going to cost the store extra money I'm hero of the day? What ever.

I will probably go because there will bucoo overtime involved, but GRRR... Thanks a lot for the karate chop to the confidence.

Oh yeah I leave the day after tomorrow so now I have to scramble to get things organized and besides I literally just got back from out of state day before yesterday.

Rant!
0 Replies

sweettart

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 03:51 pm
A big Thank You to the person that spit their gum out on the ground for me to step on when I did not have anything in my car to help get it off of my shoe making me have to drive with my stocking feet and then limp into work with one shoe on.

Thank you a lot!
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 04:01 pm
Thank you to the dance instructor who convinced my friend's daughter
she needed to lose a few pounds from her already slim body. How many
others of your students now have to deal with anorexia?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:36 am
littlek wrote:

Thanks to the libraries of the Greater Boston Area for being closed on the weekends during the summer.

FYI - Quincy's main library is open on weekends - both Saturday and Sunday.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:43 am
thank you to the two drunken idiots who sang bullshit country songs and insinuated themselves into everyone elses' performances last night and killed the buzz and ran people off before they got cut off and were asked to leave.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:24 am
Thanks to Fed Ex for delivering a 3 lb. box of proof sheets from last weeks' shoot to the wrong damn address this morning. I'm STILL waiting for it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:36 am
I'd like to thank the company I most recently worked for for lying to me for 8 months while I works my ass off, and then laying me off only 4 months away from the raise and benefits I worked so hard for. Thank you very much Fantech, for using me.

I'll never forget you, Fantech!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:26 pm
George wrote:
Thank you to the dance instructor who convinced my friend's daughter
she needed to lose a few pounds from her already slim body. How many
others of your students now have to deal with anorexia?

Dance instructors are psycho. I was confident enough (or naive enough) at 11 that I took my ballet instructor's comments about my "child-bearing hips" at face value -- cool, I'll have an easier time than most when I have a baby! (Like THAT happened... but I digress.) It was only later that I went "hey!" (I had barely an ounce of body fat at the time and she was complaining about my BONES... what exactly was I supposed to do about that? Drop out of ballet, I guess, which I did about a year later...)
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 01:58 pm
She said "child-bearing hips" to an ELEVEN-YEAR-OLD???
What a maroon!
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:13 pm
I'll have to think twice about any dance class a future child of mine might want to go to, that's just down right horrible! Mad
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:55 pm
Wow, you people cheered me up considerably!

I have no complaints today...... slinking off quietly with my mocha decaf that was brewed perfectly
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 02:28 pm
Thanks to the caretaker of my building, who has been a slacking bitch who no one can ever get a hold of since she became a single mom. A sign on your door does not a caretaker make.

Thanks for coming down on us all and being such a hard ass because you knew you were getting fired, and were trying to save your own ass, but not letting any of us know that you were leaving until the very day the moving truck came and mysteriously presented us with a new person.

Thanks for being a bitch in the hall when I tried to wish you good luck, and ignoring us all like we were out to get you. Get over yourself.

Thanks for clueing in after over a year of a community effort to help, support, and understanding for screwing us all without a blink.

Thanks for all those times you used the building as a daycare center for your kids, but had the audacity to cuss out someone making a sound when it didn't work for you.

Thanks for holding a silent curse for all us women under 60 because your ex was a slimy prick who hit on everything and anything that moved. Maroon!

Thanks for making me go directly to the company every time something fell apart in the apartment, lying to me that someone was on the way, acting like it was sooo much trouble to do your damn job. Electricity and running water? come on.

Thanks for stealing my laundry detergent and clothes and pretending like you didn't, even going so far as to put up that sign saying you are going to bust whoever was stealing FROM YOU.
BITCH.

Argghhh. I tried so hard to have empathy, I really did.

Thank you, you uptight bible thumping hypocrite blinded by your own ass not the world's fault you wanted to screw and marry the first piece you came across think the world is here to raise your whiny kids MORON.

The Center of the Universe has now left my building. Thank heavens.

Now where is that Mocha Decaf ? Sounds delicious. Time to celebrate.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thank You!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:44:37