JINNY - JANINE BROWN

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:54 pm
Hi, i am trying to put together information of Jinny who had 3 UK Chart hits in the 1990's with Wanna Be With You, Keep Warm and Feel the Rhythm. I need to know when and where she was born.
Thanks for any help you can give me
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,829 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 07:05 pm

not a lot out there.

according to this,she's italian...
0 Replies

blondeboy

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 04:31 pm
thanks for that, it is more than i have been able to find before, so that looks pretty certain. Very Happy
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 06:35 pm
keep it warm-tune
0 Replies

chrisfan

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:52 pm
more than one Jinny
I looked at that link, but I think you should also know that a presenter on quiz tv and The great big british quiz Carryl Varley also claims to be that Jinny.She is on their website I think.
The release that she claims was not the original one though, so it is likely that she was some kind of front, and not the real singer. I have seen her on there as she is a links person and she is definitely not Italian, she has a strong London accent.
0 Replies

intheknow

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:04 pm
According to Carryl's mum, it was indeed her daughter who sang on that track. Which could mean, just about anything.... If so, she's a from just outside Watford, Hertfordshire, having been born in Manchester i believe.
0 Replies

thtruthisoutthere

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 06:36 am
There were in fact 7 seperate singles released by Jinny worldwide. Several people claim to be "jinny" but most likely none of them actually sang it and they were all dancers/actresses who were front women. Carryl Varley was the front woman for wanna be with you and Keep warm in the Uk but only for the second release of Keep Warm. It was originally recorded in 1990 and released in 1991 with another "singer" and then rereleased (unchanged) by Carryl Varley in 1995. In other countries there were other "Jinny" singers including an asian one for some of the asian countries.
0 Replies

wed4good

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:26 pm
If you google Carryl Varley it brings up that she sang under another name too. In a group called Black Duck Whiggle In Line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmk9Oar3-k0

so she might be the singer if the voice is the same for both.
0 Replies

suluchrisp

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 06:30 am
Jinny
In the 80's I recorded lots from the radio - one I have is the original Jinny "Keep it Warm" but I cant find it anywhere, only the remix. Question
munklefish

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 06:35 am
@suluchrisp,
This is evidently a very old post but here is some useful info:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEL0tqvaVYA2XU678HPtq-g/about
0 Replies