Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:33 am
Cant remember if ive asked this before but does anybody else think Gwen Stefanis outfits from her 'What you waiting for' and 'Rich girl' video absolutely ROCK!!!!!

Why cant we dress like that all the time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 24,592 • Replies: 20
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:40 am
If I looked like Gwen Stefani, I might dress like that!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:48 am
Is that the gothic lolita look? (Haven't seen the videos -- can you post a still or something?) Read about it somewhere recently, I like.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:56 am
Gothic Lolita!!!Havnt heard of that.But would love to see it.
Soz im notmodern enough to be able to post pics.
Im on about the historical looks, sjhort net skirts,majestic look,pirates, geishas, crinolines, etc sooo cool.

Dont lik her new vid,from what ive seen she is a band leader in a 'normal ' outfit.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 11:15 am
Gothic lolita:

Mini to knee length frilly poofy skirts, most likely with a crinoline that does not show under it. Ruffled elegant Victorianesque blouses. Mostly black blouses sometimes with white Peter Pan collars, cuffs and sleeves. White lace can be at the bottom of the capped sleeves and at the collar. Both plain or embellished blouses. Babydoll dresses, sometimes below the knee but mostly mini to knee length. Colors for these separates are mostly black or white or a combination of both. Sometimes red, pastel pink, and pastel blue. The later two colors worn only with white. The French Maid look or Alice in Wonderland look of a white apron over a black babydoll dress was an original Gothic Lolita look. It is not seen as much now. These dresses and skirts are worn with knee-high or thigh high stockings. Some times white with little bows and ruffles at the top or in black fishnet with holes and without. Mostly black opaque stocking material. Headdresses are a must. Mostly in black or black and white. A small rectangular headband headdress made of ruffles, ribbons, and lace. Can be worn with a bow under the chin. It is worn at the crown of the head, just above where bangs are. Can be used to hold hairpieces in. Sometimes the headpiece can extend over the forehead like a small bonnet, this happens most often in white. A small top hat worn askew on the head is sometimes seen. Shoes are Mary Jane type platform heels or large platform shoes. Very chunky and clog-like. Women wear long or short large curls on either side of the head, or a full head of curls ala Shirley Temple. Long straight hair worn sometimes with bangs is a common look as well. Many wear wigs and hairpieces to achieve these looks. Hair is mostly black but can be any shade of brown. Little to no make-up is worn. The look requires a pale complexion, which many Japanese women already have. Any shade of red lipstick is fine with black eyelashes and a small amount of black eyeliner. Fresh faced and young. Large pocketbooks are carried. Some are huge container-like suitcases in a variety of forms from the carpetbag to the circular hatbox. Some women carry handbags in the shape of bats and coffins. A parasol is a must on sunny days in the park. On occasion lace gloves and lace opera length arm warmers complete this look. When the look begins to lean towards Victorian mourning, with long dresses and ghouly make-up, it is Visual Kei or Gothic and not Gothic Lolita. But the elegant Victorian look with a long skirt is still Lolita.

I think Gwen Stafani goes for more colors tho.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 02:54 am
What an excellent write up.I love the look,Id love to wear it!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:02 am
Sorry I didn't post a link, in case it's not obvious I copied and pasted that from somewhere.

I found the article (from the New York Times) where I read about it but haven't found it free anywhere yet, just the abstract. It talked about Gwen Stefani specifically and how she's popularizing the look.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:31 am
Gwen was on Letterman last nite wearing sort of a trashy/jock look (with heels, of course).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:38 am
I think Gwen rocks. Her outfits are way off my personal fashion rules, but I have to give her plenty of props for wearing what she damn well pleases when she damn well pleases. She sets a trend for people in alot of ways. Mostly because she ISNT a trend. She is a woman and she loves being a woman. She loves color, sexiness, showing her skin, and just having fun with clothes. Most people dont have the strength to do that. I know I DONT! So i just live vicariously through her.
If there were a person I would pick to represent my generation, she would be it. I am a big fan of her.. ( not her music though... hehe ) Just her style and her obvious confidence .
Though, i would never choose to LOOK like her... ( i enjoy my boobs too much) hehe.. but I would love to have just a 1/2 ounce of her confidence!

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/106044.jpg

http://www.saviodsilva.net/z1/3/gwen/1.jpg

http://www.saviodsilva.net/z1/3/gwen/3.jpg
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 09:47 am
Ive just realised Gwen reminds me of the blonde lady from Roxette!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
Check the eyebrows. That's no blonde.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 10:05 am
Mwohahahahahahahaha!!!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 10:07 am
She may not be a real blonde, but she is hot. I like her work too.

http://www.kommunalbogen.dk/img/artikler/gwen-stefani-art5486.jpg
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 10:50 am
I really getta chuckle outta how kids - of every generation - put so much energy into makin' sure their unforms of individuality are correct per the current mode down to the slightest detail. Gotta love the tyranny of fashion Laughing
0 Replies

shunammite

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:27 am
Underneath it all, greatest video every made, used to be viewable at her website.

She looks great but she's also a genius.
0 Replies

Gwen Stefani

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2005 03:14 pm
Re: Gwen Stefani
Smile I think Gwen stefani Rocks ans SOOO want her clothes! I'm going to a dress-up party today and its my one of mi best friend's party and you have to go as your favorite celebrity so I'm going as gwen stefani!

by the way can someone help me use this website coz im new :wink:

luv gwen
0 Replies

hasbeenh8r

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 09:55 am
i think gwens style and designs are quite awful.
her loud and usually shapeless clothes do nothing for her figure and her choice of footwear always seems mismatched. these recycled catastrophies went out of style for a reason, she should get a wardrobe consultant.........and if she has one...fire them!.
0 Replies

HPYUNBDAY

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:45 pm
Please Help! Looking 4 Gwen Stefani Heels
Can anyone tell me the name of the open-toe, bluish, platform heels Gwen Stefani is wearing in the What You Waiting For video?
or
Were can I buy them?
0 Replies

pola

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:30 am
she`s a good singer in imo. i like her different style. its nothing i would wear, but it suits to her.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:32 am
HPYUNBDAY-I dont know what they are called but Id imagine they are by the designer Vivienne Westwood or maybe Galliano, as she favours these designers.
0 Replies