Bonsai Kittens For Sale!!!

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:21 pm
Look, it's cj's shaved pussy.

Looks pretty wrinkled, though.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:22 pm
ever heard about the 'downers'? when a cow is so sick it cannot stand anymore, they don't kill it in the stable or whatever they call the horrid places where they keep them - because they wouldn't be able to use it for meat. instead, they put a chain around the hind leg and drag it into a truck - a live, very sick animal - and from there they drag it into the slaughter house. only then they kill downers. then they package them and send them out.
needless to say i only buy meat at Whole Foods and don't eat meat in restaurants where I don't know where it comes from.
dunno, matter of opinion. the bonsai kitty thing does not bother me at all. torture and mass production of meat does. a lot.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:24 pm
I like veal.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:25 pm
i LOVE veal. but i don't eat it anymore.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 12:30 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Damn you A2K!

http://www.wobshite.co.uk/b3ta/ugly_cat.jpg

awwwww How sweet!
Its Gus' baby picture!
aint he a cutie pa-tootie
wook at those eyes awwww how tweet! Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 02:23 pm
Thanks all, now I can’t eat meat any more! The thought is making me sick. Good thing I had a grilled veggie sandwich today.

I am such a wimp when it comes to animals that I cannot even cook a lobster or even be in the room when it is cooking. I can, however, eat it. It does taste yummy. Now please don’t tell me that they are abused prior to cooking.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 02:28 pm
Just sexually, but I don't think that's what you were asking.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 02:52 pm
Linkat wrote:
Thanks all, now I can't eat meat any more! The thought is making me sick. Good thing I had a grilled veggie sandwich today.

I am such a wimp when it comes to animals that I cannot even cook a lobster or even be in the room when it is cooking. I can, however, eat it. It does taste yummy. Now please don't tell me that they are abused prior to cooking.

I don't know but I think being boiled alive is kind of owie.... :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:27 pm
I’ve been told they are killed instantly – the key is to have the water completely boiling and to put them in head first that way they do not suffer. At least that is what I have been told. Don’t ever put them in tail first. The first time my mom had cooked a lobster she did this. The poor thing was scrambling to get out and us little kids were screaming bloody murder for the poor thing. Needless to say, I could not eat the lobsters my mom cooked. I did not eat lobster until I reach college I was so traumatized.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:31 pm
Linkat wrote:
I've been told they are killed instantly - the key is to have the water completely boiling and to put them in head first that way they do not suffer. At least that is what I have been told. Don't ever put them in tail first. The first time my mom had cooked a lobster she did this. The poor thing was scrambling to get out and us little kids were screaming bloody murder for the poor thing. Needless to say, I could not eat the lobsters my mom cooked. I did not eat lobster until I reach college I was so traumatized.

Shocked That is traumatizing...

I know I was just kidding ya. The "screaming" people hear when cooking it is the steam in their shells hissing. At least that was what I was told. Cav prolly knows this better than I do.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:35 pm
Minimal suffering == minimal adrenaline rush == better tasting, more tender meat, no matter what you're killing.

Aim well.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
No Kristie, they're actually screaming.

I believe they speak French.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:46 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
No Kristie, they're actually screaming.

I believe they speak French.

Oui, oui je crois qu'ils font! Vous fait ?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:56 pm
Votre Français est terrible.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 03:57 pm
I took it in high school. oh my god, that's been almost 10 years....holy crap... Shocked (gulp)

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:03 pm
This what I found out about our friend the lobster - Do lobsters feel pain when immersed in water? Pain is a feeling applied to advanced nervous systems. Studies show that lobsters have a less complex nervous system than fish, cannot tolerate heat, and will die at 85 degrees Fahrenheit, the human equivalent to lukewarm. The temperature of a pot of boiling water is 212 degrees and causes a swift, painless death. The characteristic "scream" of a lobster when it hits boiling water is not a vocal scream, but the rush of air out of the lobster's shell when the change of atmosphere occurs.

Why do lobsters twitch after being immersed in water? Even though the lobsters die almost immediately after contact with boiling water, often the tail will move up and down. This is an automatic response to basic stimuli caused by the relatively primitive nervous system. Sometimes the lobster might start emitting a clicking sound, but this too is simply the muscles contracting after death.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/1998/Apr-01-Wed-1998/lifestyles/7214037.html

We can all eat lobster and feel better about it now.
I didn’t find anything out about what language they speak, but I would suspect that Maine lobsters do speak French, Rock lobsters probably don’t.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:06 pm
Linkat wrote:
. The characteristic "scream" of a lobster when it hits boiling water is not a vocal scream, but the rush of air out of the lobster's shell when the change of atmosphere occurs.

Oh I am so smart! :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:11 pm
It never hurts to kill them first by stabbing them with a knife. An added bonus is that if they happen to have any intestinal gas, this will release it and prevent them from shooting out of the pot.

Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:12 pm
Linkat wrote:
I've been told they are killed instantly - the key is to have the water completely boiling and to put them in head first that way they do not suffer. At least that is what I have been told. Don't ever put them in tail first. The first time my mom had cooked a lobster she did this. The poor thing was scrambling to get out and us little kids were screaming bloody murder for the poor thing. Needless to say, I could not eat the lobsters my mom cooked. I did not eat lobster until I reach college I was so traumatized.

ooo.. you are going to hate me for this. ;-)
Lobster, when cooked right, is put in cold water alive . The top is put on the pot securely and it is allowed to sit in the water as it heats to a boil.
Reasoning? When you drop a lobster in boiling water, it tenses up because it is scared.. causing the meat to be harder.
When they are put in cool water, they are not as scared and they slip into hibernation behavior and just die.

( please.. dont hurt me.. :-) )
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 04:13 pm
cjhsa wrote:
It never hurts to kill them first by stabbing them with a knife. An added bonus is that if they happen to have any intestinal gas, this will release it and prevent them from shooting out of the pot.

Very Happy

Shocked

Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:04:56